IGNORED

Analogue Bubblebath 5 discrepency

Guest AlexPallas

Guest transfer
so we still dont know if the AB5 and AB4 versions deviate. its rather odd to release a track twice...

It wasn't released twice... AB5 was never commercially released - it only exists as a test pressing.

to hopefully clear up some questions:

the discogs entry for AB5 is correct.

any 4 or 5 second variations in track lengths for different rips is due to the rips including different amounts of silence before start and after the end of each track, and playing speeds varying slightly around the proper rpm.

the version of the final track (the untitled track commonly known as 'cuckoo') is exactly the same as the version on AB4. think of AB4 as the single from the album AB5 if it offends you to have the same track released twice. if you have a version that has a different final track it's probably either a rip without the track at all, or with the wrong track.

i have a very good clean rip, on a top-notch deck, with all tracks ripped (ie not missing out the last one), provided by another member of his here board (and since he's not chimed in with info I though I would). the record was one of the unplayed analord-fuckup-compensation send-outs.

edit: also, the 12"s sent out as compensation are undoubtedly the same pressing batch as the handfull that have been floating around since the mid 90s. there's obviously a pile in the rephlex vault somewhere that have been gathering dust since the first (and only) test pressing.

Thank you - finally somebody to confirm what I've been saying all along. I own an AB5 (as well as recordings of other people's AB5's for comparison) and they all have the 9th untitled track on them, and that track is the same as the track that appears on AB4.

this is exactly what I've been saying all along as well

Guest AlexPallas
so we still dont know if the AB5 and AB4 versions deviate. its rather odd to release a track twice...

It wasn't released twice... AB5 was never commercially released - it only exists as a test pressing.

no point in beating a dead dog, especially since we got some answers, but my point still stands, why test press (untitled track cuckoo) when it was already pressed on AB4, a test pressing is obviously a sign of what was to come.

Archived