IGNORED

can anyone compare NI guitar rig to a line6 POD sound-wise?

Guest aeser

Guest aeser

i have a pod xt, i love it, it's on the fritz and certain things don't work anymore for some reason (like the tuner) and for some goddamn reason the pots have become scratchy (WTF they're fucking DIGITAL, this is exactly what is NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!) and when you hit certain spots in the volume pot it comes through one ear and not the other till you jiggle it then it comes through both (if you're lucky).

guitar rig has always looked very appealing to me, and in looking for a permanent solution for my home setup (have a nice burly amp for the practice space and live this would just be for personal home practice and home recording and fucking around for me) i've always dug the shit out of the pod, and can get what i consider a good sound out of it recording directly through USB into my mac/digital performer, but i'm thinking from everything i've heard about guitar rig that this is probably the way to go and was just wondering how they compared sound-wise, as guitar rig clearly wins for features.

weirldy i got a guitar rig 1 (with hardware) and the 2.01 upgrade

the controller is a pain in the arse to set up, it's a CPU hog, the sounds are no better than the line 6 guitar port and it's buggy as fuck!

so, in summary, unless you're getting it for fuck all - avoid guitar rig like the plague!

mo :fear:

my associations with NI aside, i can tell you that it is the general consensus of just about every guitar player i've ever met (myself included) who has actually really dug into both line6 stuff and guitar rig that guitar rig completely and totally blows away line6's modeling.

ni has actually really nailed amp response - changing your pickup configs, rolling off volume / tone on the guitar... even just subtle changes in playing will make huge differences in your tone. not to mention the cabinet / mic combinations you can do. it's phenomenal.

i've owned a pod, and it sounds good. good enough for most purposes, but when i play through guitar rig 2 i consistently find new tones and sounds that make me grin like a little kid on christmas.

my tuppence.

c

p.s. - why not download the demo and give it a go? s'free...

Archived