IGNORED

Need Help!

tarsier888

Guest Ron Manager
lol i know what a synthesizer is

i don't think you do. stop being a twat and do some reading before you buy a microkorg, as you clearly do not understand the process very well at all.

Guest blicero

Hey guys!

i just got a analogue systems modular synth set-up for my birthday, and i have no idea what CV is... how can I download songs from iTunes on it?!

please help!

Guest 277: 930-933

What you do is, you cut off one end of a midi cable and insert the bare wires into the cv in on the modular.

Insert the other end into your pc's joystick port, do this while everything is turned OFF otherwise it might break.

Now connect your iPod to your pc with the usb cable that comes with it, now your pc should see everything and you are able to put mp3's on your modular if you got the iMp3modular2.01 module.

If you want to play midi files on the modular just put them on a floppy disk and insert it into the modular's floppy disk drive, it will automatically play all the songs you love, if your modular does not have a disk drive you clearly got ripped off and your parents don't love you.

omg

lol.

poor old tarsier.

i remember a time when even the n00best of n3wbs could get at least some advice without having the internet shit kicked out of them.

tarsier... output of synth>input on soundcard. set your input device in your daw or host program, or wave editor or recorder or whatever to your soundcard ins... hit record... check levels aren't in the red... play.

voila.

though it would be worth you doing some reading on basic set-ups.

if you want to turn your keyboard plinking and p-lonking into music, you might want to get either a multi-track wave editor, or a sequencer, or a tracker (but that's probably getting a bit complicated for you)..

i use cubase... other people use ableton, or logic, or cakewalk if they're retarded..

reason and fruity loops are also self contained workhorse sequencers, but are mostly designed for mouse input on piano rolls and stuff... if you play, i'd highly recommend cubase sx3... it is very sexy. i have been using steinberg sequencers of one description or another sinnce pro-24 in 1989.

i would suggest you fuck about weith your gear a bit, and get a feel for what you are doing, and where you want to take it... most of the music writers/producers on here are reasonably proficient both technically and musically (some more than others lol)

.. problem is a lot of them are in their teens/early twqenties, so their raging hormones don't allow them to be friendly on thew subject without a serious amount of "lol noob" posturing... it's quite primitive behaviour, and reeks of insecurity... remember they were once where you are now, and had to ask too...

makes me wonder what the purpose of all the posturing is, given that there's only about two girls post here ever. maybe they're trying to impress each other.

hardly going to get them in the tunnel of love now though, is it?

that aside, a word of advice for you... it goes along the lines of blicero's post but isn't as ascerbic.

GIVE YOURSELF A BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF A SUBJECT BEFORE YOU START ASKING CLUED UP PEOPLE ABOUT IT... CLUED UP PEOPLE GENERALLY GET A BIT WOUND UP IF THEY HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE REAL BASICS LIKE WHERE TO PLUG IN A LEAD.

hope that helps.

Guest Captain Cooper

By the way, the MicroKorg has (I think) 2 1/4" jack outputs whereas your MacBook probably only has a single 1/8" input. So you'll need some kind of converter I think. Bear in mind I've never seen a MicroKorg or a Macbook but I'd be surprised if I was wrong.

Like this sort of thing maybe: http://www.shop-sotw.com/Merchant2/merchan...t_Code=PW-P047Q

well i got my macbook this morning, i LOVE it!! havent done much with it yet. i tried making some music in garage band but i must say it is pretty difficult to make music using just the keyboard, once i get my microkorg i assume it will be nicer. i played around with the program a bit and got kind of bored with messing around with the pre-maid loops.

anyways, im amazed at how simple and great and smooth everything is, it all looks nice and it's fast and it all works great. much better than my PC.

does anyone have any recommendations or advice for someone with his first mac? i dont know much about them, i know the basics, but im deffinatly still learning..

hmm. how do i get the program which makes the screen into a 3d cube? i love that thing. do i need to download something?

so yeah

Guest Yggdrasil
does anyone have any recommendations or advice for someone with his first mac? i dont know much about them, i know the basics, but im deffinatly still learning..

first, you MUST download the most recent firmware update (this corrects an issue with the CPU and cooling fan), otherwise you'll find the machine acts far slower than it should. click on the apple in the upper lefthand corner, then "software update" to do this, making sure that you have an open internet connection.

hmm. how do i get the program which makes the screen into a 3d cube? i love that thing. do i need to download something?

the feature you're talking about is most likely video conferencing in iChat. get a few friends with webcams together, open up a videochat session with them in iChat (which is basically AIM), and you should see the effect you describe.

also, please see my instructions at the bottom of page one. they are as concise as possible and should answer your previous questions.

garageband is extremely limited...i'd advise searching for other music software (i've recently started using ableton live 5.2 on my macbook, and love it).

Guest Yggdrasil
how would logic express be? is it easy for a newb?

orr.. is ableton free?

also, i was watching a video on youtube and it deffinatly wasnt in ichat

logic express is definitely superior to garageband, but isn't necessarily easy for someone who's new to sequencers.

ableton most definitely isn't free (whatever gave you this idea?...) but they do offer a demo that can be found here.

the only other instance that i can think of that fits your description is user switching in os x. but there's really no point in utilizing this function if you're the only one using your machine. if you are sharing it, however, you can set this up by going to the System Preferences, and selecting Accounts, then "Add User Account" by clicking the plus sign (note that this screen needs to be unlocked first, by clicking on the lock icon). mac os x will then allow you to rotate between several accounts/sessions simultaneously, hence the 3D cube effect.

hope this helps man.

awe i understand..

so whats with logic express? is it like acid? because i downloaded a demo of acid (which barely let me do anything) and it looked EXTREMELY complicated. i didnt understand a bit of it.

Guest Yggdrasil
awe i understand..

so whats with logic express? is it like acid? because i downloaded a demo of acid (which barely let me do anything) and it looked EXTREMELY complicated. i didnt understand a bit of it.

ableton might be better for you then, but i'm definitely no expert.

my best advice is, if you want to make tunes, get used to 'extremely complicated'.

wewt got my macbook online!! this is great

also, me and my friend spend about 2 hours in garage band making music. we ended up with a 1 minute and 11 second song, i really like how it turned out and i think it's pretty good for my first try. but i would like to know how to get it on here? how do i change it from a garageband file to a quicktime file or whatever?

Guest Mr. Magoo
Wewt got my macbook online!! this is great

Also, my friend and I spent about 2 hours in garage-band making music. We ended up with a one minute and 11 second song, I really like how it turned out and I think it is pretty good for my first try. But i would like to know how to get it on here? how do i change it from a garage-band file to a quicktime file or whatever?

Guest Ron Manager

awe i understand..

ableton might be better for you then, but i'm definitely no expert.

my best advice is, if you want to make tunes, get used to 'extremely complicated'.

dunno, if you find acid complicated tarsier, i wouldn't invest in ableton or logic just yet. i started on acid a few years ago, for me it was a lot more simple and easier to learn than reason or ableton... mind you when i had it it was acid 2.0, which was probably a lot easier than pro 6.0

Archived