IGNORED

essential equipment for starters

Guest Georges Bataille

usb/midi controller Emu xboard 25 - whcih i havnt really done anythign whiel due to my cd rom drive beign broken and no drivers on there site!

not there?

http://www.emu.com/support/welcome.asp?rd=download

And as for equipment for starters...if it has to be easy to learn, then probably i would recomend fruity loops studio or tracktion 2.

Guest Dave Ashe

My friend, ableton is seriously the way to go, any questions about how it works just give me a shout and i can answer them for you :ok:

Also, get asio4all.com and you can use your internal soundcard at low latencies to start off with (latency=time from the sound happening and you pressing a key etc.)

usb/midi controller Emu xboard 25 - whcih i havnt really done anythign whiel due to my cd rom drive beign broken and no drivers on there site!

not there?

http://www.emu.com/support/welcome.asp?rd=download

And as for equipment for starters...if it has to be easy to learn, then probably i would recomend fruity loops studio or tracktion 2.

yah thats good but i need to actually install the programe..

Additional question:

What's a delay-free way to rock a MIDI controller through a laptop and make synthi noises? Should I bother with that or just go analog?

A decent low latency audio interface.

What is the best low latency audio interface?

Additional question:

What's a delay-free way to rock a MIDI controller through a laptop and make synthi noises? Should I bother with that or just go analog?

A decent low latency audio interface.

What is the best low latency audio interface?

I hear people going on about M-Audio stuff but I bought a USB Audiophile soundcard off 'em for my birthday and it was real bastard, the drivers refused to install properly...

I recommend the Edirol UA-25. 24bit/96khz recording, midi in and out, etc. etc. etc., plus it's rugged as fuck so it won't break if you accidentally drop it, and I've had absolutely NO problems installing and running it. I love it!

And it's got phantom power if you decide to get a mic and become an MC.

Archived