IGNORED

complain about lack of balls here

Guest dR_PeNiSoN

I totaly agree. I do treat music as a full time job (on top of my actual job).

I work night shifts in a kitchen. Normally 6 till midnight every day. I get up at half eight. Get onto my computer at nine. Work on music till half 5. Go to work work till midnight, go home and work more on music till I cant keep my eyes open.

I normally have the weekends off so thats when I take some time off and hang out with mates and relax. (give the neighbours a break from hammering on my walls) I'd love to not have to work so I could spend more time on music and still be able to chill out every night. Hopefully in the future.

Your right that as much time devoted to music as possible is the best way to go. But I think a lot o the time people dont know when to give things a rest. If I get a good chain of ideas flowing then I can spend hour after hour working on something (yay for sleep deprivation) But I think its important to be able to know when the inspiration is running dry. Its normally best to give it a rest. Its so easy to force yourself to continue on a track, even though your idea is running pretty thin. This nearly always results in something which sounds rubbish at a later date.

I think that music is only worth working on if you want to. If you find you're forcing yourself to do it its probably worth giving it a rest for a bit. But if you love making music, its never a chore. That why I dont care about spending so much time working on something, I enjoy the process of writing a tunes as much as finishing one. I just think its important to keep a little balance in your life, music shouldnt be the only thing you ever do. You need to stuff to inspire you aswell.

Guest eatanter

true

i used to consider making music as some sort of a hobby for years. i was at it, believe, but still it was something i did in my spare time. i was mostly mucking about really, and never got a piece done, just a bunch of alternating patterns. sure, i liked them, but they never really led anywhere. (but maybe, that just has to do with experience as well.)but for about a year or so, i started really seeing it as hard work.but it is work that i chose myself, meaning that it always is a rewarding experience having created something on your own. i'm obsessed with it and just have to keep on making music. i'm trying to keep myself away from it sometimes, but it never really works. all the dvds i rented during the past two years, i never watched them. i'm getting as far as putting them into my dvd-drive, but still, the mouse is moving to some prog by magic, or i'm switching on my beloved machines, i can't really do anything about it, it just happens. i don't even take note of it anymore. there's always something to do. as soon as i'm home, i'm sitting at my desk. when i'm around people that i like, and even if i really like them honestly, it doesn't take long until my thoughts are going back to my laboratory. sometimes i feel like i'm just like any other RPG-nerd...

there is a lot to learn with electronic music. so many older people consider it like

"there's just a box that's making usic." like it wouldn't require any effort. (but they mostly just know the electronic music they hear on tv and just didn't get to know something decent).but you are making everything on your own. from the sounds themselves to their organization

into patterns, the way they move and alternate until to the final arrangement..

it's a jungle to me, a complete mystery, and i hope i'll never solve it.

Archived