IGNORED

drexciya

Guest nacmat

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms
interesting... it's a great idea. there are so many ways to disiminate information on the internet.

but the fact that it's a black guy from detroit putting on a "german" accent makes it kind of funny!

i still haven't heard any of the solo gerald donald stuff... or any of the drexciyan storms :embrassed:

get harnessed the storm now.

Guest skkatter

Nice to see such an interest in all things Drexcyian on this board. A friend of mine has written pretty much written a mini-novel about all things Drexciya on his blog: http://drexciyaresearchlab.blogspot.com/. He goes into the finer details about the storms, side projects, philosophy etc. Well worth spending a Sunday afternoon reading his entire blog.

Personally I think Drexcyia and all things related is my favourite music ever produced. Apparently there's a new Dopplereffekt album coming out on Rephlex soon, some other people here would probably have a lot more info than me.

I had this idea a while ago for a Drexciya related film. Basically, it'd start off with some electro nerd who's doing research on the whole Drexciya music scene and related history, obviously he'd be reading up an all the crazy stories the producers used to make up eg, Drexciyan Wave Jumpers being descendants of the babies of pregnant slaves taken from Africa that gave birth and whose babies were thrown overboard from the ships on the way to the USA, and aliens being involved from the planet Cardoza or whatever it was called. Anyway, the movie would follow this guy going research into it and slowly the viewer would be drawn deeper and deeper into the Drexciyan world and he'd soon iscover that they were actually real beings, from another planet or from underwater or whatever (we'll need a better scriptwriter), and at the end of the film our intrepid reporter would either be taken away or killed so that us humans don't find out the real big secret that the Drexciyans are controlling the Earth/all our music/Sony Records/the internet. Or whatever they're controlling.

Little known fact: when I was a kid in secondary school (high school for the Americans amongst us, this was back in 1993) I suggested me and some friends start a band called "The Doppler Effect", I'd just learned about said effect in physics class and thought it was a great name for a band, but was shouted down by everybody else, they hated the name. IF ONLY THEY'D KNOW HOW COOL IT'D BECOME!!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

heads up- black replica is going to a couple shows in April

Apr 7 2007 8:00P Madrid Sports Arena Madrid....Spain

Apr 28 2007 11:00P Steegske Ghent....Belgium

Jun 9 2007 8:00P Inkonst:Kontra-Musik Festival Malmo....Sweden

http://myspace.com/blackreplica

somebody better record these shows

• 3 months later...

is there a forum, website someting like this but for drexciya/detroit techno cos tbh im fed up with all this boc=a=likes on here. i mean thingys blog thing i just find boring with him reading way too deep into everything.

Guest mrx
that stuff is great i hoep it gets release soon the singing works.

yea me too , I actually like more than the recent arpanet release.

Guest tidbit

status : ur aquatic assault unit, beach head preparations, currently missing in action.

gene type : z (full negative evolution sequence completed)

method of operation : underwater deployment of electronic funk bombs.

weapon of choice : h2o.

crimes commited : too many to list.

currently being sought for : aquatacizem

mission # ur-045

whereabouts : last sighting eastside sewer system 7 mile and van dyke area -eastside detroit sector.

unit or division : wavejumper special forces

end-of-line

• 5 months later...

Archived