IGNORED

sample interpolation

Guest Adjective

Guest Adjective

Renoise was the first app i noticed that listed the names of these interpolation methods, usually the apps i used just said "low, medium, high, ultra high" or something or nothing at all. I've noticed Reaper let's you choose between linear and cubic or something when you mixdown

can anyone explain these to me, advantages / disadvantages?

do i want something like 256 point sinc interpolation from a DAW?

are there any DAW's that actually do that?

interpolation just fills in numbers between two values... if its linear it will equally devide over time, like a straight line in an envelope, if its cubic it will be more parabolic in shape

hope that helps

interpolation is when you make a function (like algebra function) fit a group of values

it's used in audio when you have stuff getting pitch shifted up and down like in a sampler.

linear means it takes 2 points, and then treats the path in between like a straight line

cubic means 3 points are taken (if I recall correctly), so it's curved. ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d instead of mx + c. more accurate. math stuff.

most people usually can't hear much of difference better than cubic.

Archived