IGNORED

Monome MIDI controller

Guest Wall Bird

Guest Wall Bird

These last few months I've been pining over one of these:

40h.jpg

http://monome.org/

I'm sure a few of the people here are familiar with this controller. Does anyone have one? What do you think?

This seems like it would be the MIDI controller for me, except for a few points:

+No touch-sensitive pads. I feel like this is a major oversight. The first thing I would probably try out when I got one of these was it's function as a drum pad and if there is no touch-sensitivity on a device of such high quality and flexibility I feel that it's too much of a drawback for something of such high cost, which brings me to my next point:

+It's a bit expensive. I suppose I can understand that the materials are probably a bit costly and since these are all hand built I can relate even more. But still, $500 is a lot of money.

+Limited quantity. They only made 500 of these and now they're down to their last 100. Time is running out. I hope that they plan to make more.

Guest pantsonmyhead

they did a super secret demo of these at recombinant media labs in SF

i got to see the creators and daedelus rock the fuck out

I hope they make production models of the one daedelus has (16 x 16) version

Guest Glass Plate

yes yes we know. Brian Crabtree made this, he's amazing. He's the guy who made Daedelus's amazing sound box of love.

• 6 months later...
Guest Promo

They look very good for triggering loads of samples in Ableton Live but fuck that try to assemble one. Shame they don't come prebuilt.

Guest Glass Plate
They look very good for triggering loads of samples in Ableton Live but fuck that try to assemble one. Shame they don't come prebuilt.

they used to come pre-built, and some of the newer models are going to be pre-built i think. Also, it comes with tons of custom software just for the product, and tons of people are always developing more.

Guest Promo

they used to come pre-built, and some of the newer models are going to be pre-built i think. Also, it comes with tons of custom software just for the product, and tons of people are always developing more.

Sound. I'd certainly buy one of these if it was prebuilt. Probably wouldn't want to pay more than 100 squids but yeah lots of big fat buttons could definitely have their use in a Live situation.

Archived