IGNORED

Maba - A few tracks...

Guest AugmaticDisport

Guest AugmaticDisport

Ahoy. I've been lurking around here for a while now so i finally decided i might as well post some stuff.

I've been making music on and off for a couple of years. Just screwing around basically... but recently i started to get a little more into it. Below are 3 tracks i've produced over the last few months or so. Any sort of feedback or constructive criticism would be great.

Ryme Intrinseca

Sufficient Memory

Everything Ever

Cheers.

Guest splagawaga

ryme intrinseca: just listening now, its early-ish the day for me. so this suits me well. really like the orchestra-type samples sloping around in the back. the mood is just right. slightly dark and relaxed. some weird synth ideas in amongst the foreground and glitch. not my taste as it seems to detract from the mood of the backing part. perhaps quieten them a little or make them less descript melodically. just an idea anyway. nice track.

sufficient memory: distorted ambient beginning. nice use of vocal samples and odd noise, classic ambient style but i like it, kinda like a radio tuning. i can see a trend with ur style and choice of drums. definately a fan of the snappy drums. as with the previous track this seems to have the same constituent parts, clicky drums, ambient pads and weird synth bleeps altho i really like that warbled squ sound at around 2.20. this is a little less defined than the first. the structure doesnt seem so strong. the weird noises coming in at 2.50 add some interest. but its still a little flat somehow. the new melody part makes for a nice change around 3.30. maybe bring in more high-ended melody to compensate for the low-pass on everything else and bring a new drum part back into to move it into a new section. i guess thats if u want the track to continue.

everything ever: cheeky dub type blobby drums. i like the walking feeling of this intro part. then some more melody ideas at 0:50. it has a really nice wandering feeling about this track. although i like the tweak fills on melody and drums. i didnt really like the shortend booop booop booop version of the main ambient part. does work somehow. loses its depth and becomes slightly cheap sounding. hope u know which part i mean. onto the 8-bit section. has a nice chincy warmth to it. and what sounds like a speak-and-spell. m-a-b-a was that? over all this is probably my favorite track, much stronger and more defined than the others. seems as tho u got much more into the making of this one than the others. although i may be wrong.

nice tracks to wake up to, gentle and glitchy.

im about to upload a new track of mine, so please give it a listen if u get a chance.

Guest Wrong Answer

Ryme Intrinseca.

Wasn't that impressed at first but then it got better and better, by the end I was loving it. The broken sounding melodies and stuttering vocals were the stand out parts for me, I guess you like your minimal parts but for my taste I like it best when you've got quite a few layers going on.

Sufficient Memory

Lacked some unity but I suppose this is less of a "tune" and a bit more experimental. I dig the deep sense of atmosphere though.

Everything Ever

Just when the drums were getting a little repetitive for me, things started to glitch out nicely. You have a talent for manipulating subtle little background noises. In my music I tend to be guilty of making everything the "hero" but you have obviously learnt how to set certain sounds into supporting roles.

Overall a very impressive body of work, I'm looking forward to you posting more in the future.

Guest AugmaticDisport

Thanks guys. It's nice to get this sort of feedback because i haven't really played my music to anyone other than friends/family. So i appreciate the crits.

• 2 weeks later...

so far ive only listened to the first, but i liked it, i wish the drums that come in and augment the glitch sounded less like drums and just chunkier glitch. not digging the gliding synth that comes wish that it was stuttered or cut up some, oh here we go you bring it in at the end again, and i feel the same way.

Archived