IGNORED

Ive been dumb

beneboi

Guest splagawaga
Thought you guys would dig this, guess i should just post more hiphop.

it isnt really hiphop, but im listening through now. it has a bigger and more broken up feeling than normal boring hiphop. i like the old skool rave style melodys that keep building throughout. The choir part coming in gives the track real drama. the final touch with the filtered singing is really cool, its a nice mid ground between synth and vocal. when it first comes in it sounds like a weird sawtooth lp part. then as it drops at the end u realise its some non-sensical sliced woman :)

Really liked this track. nice atmosphere. big sound.

the downsides, there was some but ill be positive about it :)

um, the drums.... they sound almost over compressed to the point that u strip out the characteristics of them. the main pop snare, cos the ratio is so high all u really get is the snap then the rest seems lost. the kicks and rest of the drumkit are so low-ended that they get lost in amongst the lower pads, strings and synths. im gonna listen again and check, 1sec...

yeh, in the intro theres a gabba-esque kick thats really muddy then a really poppy high kick intermitantly between them. when the beat switches the rhythmn is really nice. grooves around nicely. but its kinda lost and u dont get the full force of it.

it may sound daft, but try turning ALL of the 'music' as in melody synths choir etc, down by quite alot. this should bring the drums back into it and ull be surprise how much difference it makes cos at the moment they just arent hitting enough. u could also try EQ out all the sub (and possibly low-bass) from the melody parts to open the bottom out more for the drums. It seems as though uve got everything turned up so much cos u dont want anything left behind.

right, ive written way too much there but hopefully its of some help. aside from what i said about the drums i think this tracks great. lovely mood.

goodluck,

waga

Guest splagawaga
thanks for all the tips, i agree wholeheartedly, oh, i meant, i should post more hiphop as my electronic music stuff isnt really received well.

let me know how it goes mastering it. cos i think it'll sound great with a slight tweak. just bring the music down a touch!

goodluck, waga

Love this track. All the melodies and buildup. Only thing I'm not the hugest fan of is the drums. I don't know if the snare sound meshes well with the song. Beneboi has weak kicks.

• 3 weeks later...

Song has been updated. Still the same link, check if you like, i think i fixed alot of what people complained about, drums are brought to the front, the kick is stronger, blah bah, hope you like.

Archived