IGNORED

new track

ok...

your drum programming isn't actually horrible... but i'd keep an eye on your reverb levels... much more reverb like that on additional tracks and your mix will disintegrate.

the vocal sample is over used, and the track doesn't ever develop beyond a very basic idea musically speaking. where's the bass? where's the lovely melodies, or rhythmic progression?

you could do with a short attack compress with quite a high ratio on your second drum channel (the one with the kick), and maybe a narrow q boost somewhere between 60 and 100 hz.

other than that, it's kinda boring. sorry.

ask yourself... does this sound finished to me? would i buy it? would i play it to a record company who don't know me? etc etc.

you can be the best judge of your own work.

i think you know this isn't finished.

Guest Max
ok...

your drum programming isn't actually horrible... but i'd keep an eye on your reverb levels... much more reverb like that on additional tracks and your mix will disintegrate.

the vocal sample is over used, and the track doesn't ever develop beyond a very basic idea musically speaking. where's the bass? where's the lovely melodies, or rhythmic progression?

you could do with a short attack compress with quite a high ratio on your second drum channel (the one with the kick), and maybe a narrow q boost somewhere between 60 and 100 hz.

other than that, it's kinda boring. sorry.

ask yourself... does this sound finished to me? would i buy it? would i play it to a record company who don't know me? etc etc.

you can be the best judge of your own work.

i think you know this isn't finished.

i just came in to say i love your postings.

:embrassed:

Guest tht! tne

sounds like the kind of thing fun as a stoned experiment but doesn't hold up sober

it just needs more progression and variation and less droney-ness imo

the track is finished

"your drum programming isn't actually horrible... but i'd keep an eye on your reverb levels... much more reverb like that on additional tracks and your mix will disintegrate."

the reverb on the drums does what it is supposed to do, give the dreamy floaty effect, if there was a single layer that didn't have the effect on it it wouldn't be the song i was trying to make

it sounds finished to me :O

Guest Glass Plate

there's a song in the "toys" movie soundtrack that sounds exactly like this almost, the vocal samples are just annoying, and most of the other tones are cheesey/dull. The drums are decent, but just emphasize the genericness of the song.

Guest AlexPallas
free Tarsier

in every box of cheerios.

rofl.

the reverb def needs adjusting, it doesnt feel like 'floating' it feels stale like cheap echo. there's raelly nothing to this track. the vocal sample is boring. my advice is not to focus on making 'intermission' songs.

Archived