IGNORED

Naguals Music

Nagual

Guest tht! tne

at night to the moon: nice high-pitched ringing sound catching attention right off the bat. the drums sound a little tappy or like woodblocks. i'd probably try to use lower frequencies in the drums. the track is good for what it does. it doesn't seem to change direction much. i'd've liked if it modulated more or introduced breaks. the moments of silence are interesting but i don't know if they add much to the track. overall a good track with interesting sounds and a nice syncopated rhythm.

higher place: nice but i don't want to comment much because i'm not really into ambient/drone.

cat amen: i was sure this was going to be a catstep track but it didn't really have any amen break that i could hear.

wheat: didn't listen to this one had to go.

you have a nice name is that from carlos castaneda's research or did you discover naguals independently i read castaneda

you have a nice name is that from carlos castaneda's research or did you discover naguals independently i read castaneda

I read everything I can find and write a book about hermeneutics, ontology and metaphysics to disprove Immanuel Kant, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, Friedrich Nietzsche and Peter Sloterdijk.

you really shouldnt be telling other people they suck, the comments you left on pantsonmyheads track lead me to believe two things that were false.

a) you might have an idea what the fuck you were doing

b) i wasnt going to completely waste my time listening to your boring ass weak shit

I stand corrected

Guest Noel Edmonds
you really shouldnt be telling other people they suck, the comments you left on pantsonmyheads track lead me to believe two things that were false.

a) you might have an idea what the fuck you were doing

b) i wasnt going to completely waste my time listening to your boring ass weak shit

I stand corrected

spot the contradiction

prizes!

youre reading it wrong, as i stated, from reading his comment on that guys track, i felt like maybe he knew what he was doing, and by listening to his music, I wouldnt be completely wasting my time, I felt i was off the mark on both of those, so I told him IMO he shouldnt crit that guys track the way he did, as his shit sucks balls

Guest Noel Edmonds

uh, yeah. a contradiction.

The problem here is you're trying to tell him not to be harsh in criticising people's music (because it gives you the impression that he know more than you think he does), yet at the the same time saying his 'boring weak ass shit' 'sucks balls'. Maybe that could give me the impression you know what you're talking about, and then i might change my mind!

The fact is, he was pretty negative about the other track, but at least it was constructive criticism, not random flaming.

Just to be clear: I don't have a problem with your post (although to be honest i don't really see the link between musical skill and the ability to hold a valid opinion) until you start laying into this guy's track (which I haven't heard btw) at which point it defeats your own point. People can be very sensitive about their creative endevours and you should be more civil when criticizing them.

did you read what he said though? contructive criticism? he said "My good stuff I don´t release. Stupid is the person, that releases good creations. Now, I composed over 980 own tracks. I sound 60 % like Drexcija, 30 % like Autechre and 10 % like Luke Vibert. You sound 100 % like pure shit." Tell me you dont want to come to his thread and flame him.

Guest Noel Edmonds

huh. yeah i just read it again... tbh i just skimmed over it last night and i remembered him offering advice. That doesn't mean you have license to lay into him in an unrelated thread though

Guest Quosp

Havn't you released anything yet Silke? These new tracks are nice, I want to hear more!

Man... Higher Place is fucking brilliant. Good to have you back.

Archived