IGNORED

Max Marlow - the black tide

Guest Max

Guest Promo

Ha I quite like this. This is deep and dark. Reminds me a shit load of the first Seefeel track off of 'Succour' which is a fuckin' sick dark ambient track. Big up Seefeel (R.I.P). I had to listen to this twice because the Juno type synths didn't seem to make perfect sense when they came in. Overall feels a bit Vangelisesque. Mmm I wish I could make calmer darker pieces such as this. Does get a little long winded with those Juno synths I felt ... if you cut out a good 1.5/2 mins of this track it'd work much better. Also the part that I wasn't 100% so keen on was when Juno synths notes became a bit more positive as I felt that wasn't needed. Apart from that and being a little long winded - some solid ambience and textures. Definitely a good intro track for a long player. Oh and great title too.

Max, this is excellent, the darkest thing I've heard from you I think and such a change up from what I'm used to hearing, Production is superb and this highlights what I was saying in another track thread, you'd think that that rising, upsurge sound would become tiring quickly and it doesn't at all. Superb, this has great emotion and depth, definitely easy to add imagery to this track. : )

Would love to hear more from you in this vein, top marks sir.

I reckon you're just about my favourite producer putting up stuff here on EKT at the moment, always fresh and never bogged down in narrow tunnels. This is a fantastically dark flange nightmare with beats. Very sombre.

i hold your music in high regard but this wasn't my thing

thank you for listening!

i'm especially happy that each of the listeners of my music seems to have different favourite tracks, really! i'm enjoying various things and sometimes i dont enjoy much more than just the music thats my expression to say something i can't say for real. so i'm glad that something that i do in an unsatisfied moment does NOT fit all the people. really. i'm glad that not everybody enjoys the most darkish stuff i ever made in a bad moment! so again thanks for listening...

on the other hand i'm glad that Promo, Jaffa and Paul were able to share my emotion with that.

PS: Promo , the positive seconds are the small lightbulbs at the horizon i've seen before they were waved into an even darker hole right after. its still a minor chord, but minor 7, which makes some major feeling for just a tide or two.

Archived