IGNORED

scott walker

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

its also where he really moves into his own style musically. there had been little hints on previous albums (boy child maybe) but this is the one where he really lets loose

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is one guy whose albums i've seen so many times, and STILL have not listened to a song. checking him out today; curious about this doc, too.

lets talk about scott walker again. i recently got into his old albums (thanks fox).

jesus, i rant about albums since i've started posting here and noone pays a blind bit of notice to me :fee:

meanwhile, i've never even heard of scott walker and yet i get credit for the introduction. while i will happily accept any and all credit given to me, deserved or not, i will admit that there's no justice in the world.

im starting to enjoy some of the cheesy production on 'climate of hunter'. theres something slightly perverse about having that kind of production along with the obtuse, experimental lyrics from walker.

wasnt brian eno set to produce this album? i heard they made a start and theres some tapes lying around somewhere... man id like to hear those...

this video is kind of amusing

im listening to 'rawhide' right now and id say its probably my favorite song on the album. i love the lyrics. theres a humor in walkers lyrics that often gets overshadowed by the intensity of the music i think..

im starting to enjoy some of the cheesy production on 'climate of hunter'. theres something slightly perverse about having that kind of production along with the obtuse, experimental lyrics from walker.

oh yeah! my favourite is the bit with scott riffing on some shit about a 'low-volume forcefield' with this blatant DX7 hahaha

some of my favorite walker lyrics are "thats a nice suit/thats a swanky suit/been a pope like no other/ im looking for a good cowboy"

never fails to produce an uneasy chuckle. brilliant. i like how he took the 'im looking for a good cowboy' line from bush

this man needs come out with more albums. or at least another before he dies...

scott walker and goran bregovich - man from reno

ive been listening to this over and over, the lyrics are amazing. interesting how they contain snippets from 'farmer in the city'.

the video kind of sucks, but you get some glimpses of scott

never heard of this person before...

You're probably familiar with Natasha Khan, aka the mastermind behind Bat for Lashes, aka that unicorn-loving hippie-goth chick who broke out with 2006's genuinely haunting Fur & Gold. But you are probably not familiar with Pearl, Khan's "destructive, self-absorbed, blonde, femme fatale" alter ego. (Sounds like somebody got a little too into I Am...Sasha Fierce.) Khan and Pearl will do battle all over Bat for Lashes' new album, Two Suns, due out on Astralwerks April 6.

Think split personality albums can be kinda pretentious? Well, you probably shouldn't read this next sentence: A press release goes on to describe Pearl as a "direct foil to Khan's more mystical, desert-born spiritual self" and the end of the LP finds Khan "confronting the end of the illusory world and prepare for wherever the world will take her next." And here we thought Pearl was just the go-to moniker for all 1950s receptionists.

Still, based on the strength of Fur & Gold-- not to mention Khan's creepy, killer voice-- we're holding out hope that she can succeed with the new persona. Plus, Pearl isn't the only guest who'll show up on Two Suns: one of the few singers as goose bump-worthy as Khan, Scott Walker, will wail on closer "The Big Sleep," and Brooklyn-based kindred spirits Yeasayer also make an appearance.

you mean you ordered the films and never watched them?

i ordered three dvds from the harry smith archive for an insane price and actually wish i had chose vhs copies. theye just rips the vhs version, and highly compressed and shitty looking to boot!

someone needs to get on restoring these films asap as theyre extremely important pieces of art

on a scott walker note, has the track 'darkness' been mentioned yet?

I proper have a hard-on for The Drift.

some of the drift makes me lol

'...she eenterreed the palazzo at midnight

through

a

side

door'

'the FAT BLACK CROCODILES'

but yeah fuck me the drift is an amazing record

what do you guys make of these 'drifting and tilting' shows where scotts studio band perform with guest vocalists? im sorry, but i dont think jarvis cocker and damon albarn have the voice for scotts songs...

the fox credit thing...is odd. maybe i meant mosca? like a fox etc...

hehe like i said, short of genocide i'll except credit for just about anything

jarvis has the background to do it, he has collaborated with scott for seven or eight years now

event needed more richard hawley, and peter walsh manning the desk

albarn is only a cunt, not fit to polish scott's rarely used baritone guitar

Archived