IGNORED

Song for a shitty comp

beneboi

A friend sent me a link to some stupid hiphop forum that was having a comp, its due in like 5 hours, I found out 3 hours ago, this is the result.

http://www.room203.net/pipefist/beneboi-beatthatmeat.mp3

heres the link to the comp http://hiphopproduction.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

• 2 weeks later...

Initially I am not too sure of the beat as it sounds a little too preset, the sounds mainly. But once the rest flows in and the stabby strings come in I nod my head and I tend to forget about my earlier qualms. I Like the second bit with a bit more focus on the bassline. Overall its quite catchy. Only thing I'd change if your still looking for constructive criticism is maybe clean up the drums a bit, they are busy in places. Also I tend to prefer really clicky, clacky, clappy or rimshot sounding snares in my hip hop.

there, I posted

i think the way this starts sounds a bit too choppy... and the string(ish) samples (or synths) need a bit of depth...

then, when it sounds like it runs into a tape error and the beat changes, it sounds great!

i don't really like the choppy part, but i really like the more flowing parts... very nice for a few hours worth of work.

Too much will smith, too little dj premier

lol, i suppose i understand what you're saying, thanks for listening anyway, i was mainly posting this here hoping that people would go vote for it, i know it sucks, but i had limited samples to use and limited time to use them in

Archived