IGNORED

Akai MPD24 vs. Korg Pad Kontrol vs. M-Audio Trigger Finger

kcinsu

which one is the best and why?

I have a trigger finger... thinking about selling it to buy one of the others, as I hear they are both better then the m-audio (not a big surprise)

which one has the best pads?

Guest Vegeta897

I don't own any of them but here's my view:

I've heard a lot of bad feedback on the Triggerfinger. Probably why it had a price drop.

MPC pads are excellent. You also get faders and knobs which is great.

I haven't heard much about the quality of the Pak Kontrol's pads... But I know of this guy on Youtube who uses it and it looks like it works well. Plus you have that x/y touchpad...

yeah, youd think the akai would have the best... but the mpd16 apparently had crappy pads... I heard by the by, that the mpd24 has the pads of the mpc2500, but I cant confirm that anywhere

i have both of them...

overall i like my mpd24 the best because of the sliders and knobs... i like the pads better on the korg, they are much more sensitive than the MPD and i also like the X-Y pad. Not to say the pads are bad on the MPD but if you are going for soft hits 1/4 of the time it wont register. I usually just use full level and edit the level manually. The MPD also has the 16 levels option where you can associate lets say Pad#1 over all 16 pads to control the strength of the hit... so pad1 would be a soft hit, pad16 a hard hit.

cool... yeah it sounds like korg has the winning pads...

im set on knobs/sliders so what is of most importance to me, is the pads...

do the korg pads ever double trigger? like... are they TOO sensitive?

cool... yeah it sounds like korg has the winning pads...

im set on knobs/sliders so what is of most importance to me, is the pads...

do the korg pads ever double trigger? like... are they TOO sensitive?

yes sometimes they do, or if you hit too hard sometimes it will trigger other pads around it.

hrmmm

dude just get the MPD... most likely the pads are better now, i got mine the second they came out.

havent tried a korg, but akai>m audio.

agreed there

Guest meatbingo

Just got a PadKontrol myself. Haven't had trouble with double-triggering so far, but a couple of the pads are slightly less sensitive than the others. Also, if you want to use the knobs for anything, they don't send the full 128 values, but skip in 2s and 3s. This pissed me off a bit. The X-Y pad seems to need a bit of pressure to make it work too. It's mainly good though.

The little pads/buttons on my Evolution UC-33 are shiter than shite. U have to hammer the bastards to hell before they respond!! lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bontempi

even the smallest midi keyboard gives you more things to hit

even timbaland use a keyboard (asr-10) to make his beats

you don't need those pads

Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum
even the smallest midi keyboard gives you more things to hit

even timbaland use a keyboard (asr-10) to make his beats

you don't need those pads

Timbaland lol

Pads have a completely different feeling to them. Pads are bigger and don't have to move up and down as far as keys. They simulate hitting a drum pad far better than keys, which simulate hitting, well, keys.

Guest bontempi

i've owned a MPC 2000XL for a bunch of years

i loved it, but 16 pads is not enough for me... and switching between banks (abcd) is annoying

with a 4 octave keyboard you can have constant access to 60 samples. and you can even play melodies.

learn to deal with the keys. i'm a drummer and i'm ok with that

mpc is cool if you don't use much samples

Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum
i've owned a MPC 2000XL for a bunch of years

i loved it, but 16 pads is not enough for me... and switching between banks (abcd) is annoying

with a 4 octave keyboard you can have constant access to 60 samples. and you can even play melodies.

learn to deal with the keys. i'm a drummer and i'm ok with that

mpc is cool if you don't use much samples

So why not use both keys and pads, which is probably what people here are doing anyway? What makes you think someone who uses pads can't deal with keys?

Archived