IGNORED

my broken 707

YEK

my 707 has no midi. would it be worth my time to get it fixed ?

i want to be able to trigger it. i was thinking of selling it cheap and then buying another one used but that just sounds silly thinking about it.

What should i do? tricky,,,, it probably costs quite alot to get it fixt, but even if it costs 100 or a little less it would probably be worth my time ...

how much you figure ???

my 707 has no midi. would it be worth my time to get it fixed ?

i want to be able to trigger it. i was thinking of selling it cheap and then buying another one used but that just sounds silly thinking about it.

What should i do? tricky,,,, it probably costs quite alot to get it fixt, but even if it costs 100 or a little less it would probably be worth my time ...

how much you figure ???

have you tried removing the backplate and checking to see if its simply a soldering problem?

yea maybe i should try this.... i just don't want to fuck it up.

you wont, as long as you keep track of the screws and the order you took everything apart, once you get it open, you can see where the midi ports connect to the board and you will be able to tell if its loose or not

re-set it

after you've sorted out the midi problem.

1) Power on while holding down the TRACK WRITE and TRACK #1 buttons.

alo its well worth the midi. As it is possible to remap the MIDI note data the TR sends out and responds to. AS the procedure is quite complicated I won't go into the details here, just look below for the link for the user manual and look up the procedure there.

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila/tr-707.html

Archived