IGNORED

venetian snares imitation

Guest ezkerraldean

Guest ezkerraldean

if anyone wants to make science-breakbeat-gabber-or-whatever-they-call-it style beats like venetian snares, i found a way to do it:

get shit loads of percussion samples or random squarewave samples or whatever, trim them all to the same length, put them all in winamp, play them all on repeating shuffle, record it.

sounds absolutely amazing/shite

seems like it would make more sense to do this with actual patterns of the same length. tho I think thats more of a more general making fun of electronic music sort of thing, the measures dont just have to be really dense. like they can all be vaguely hip hoppish and you can throw some kid voices and detuned synths over it. or it can all be variations of the amen that you throw bass guitar over. basically, it's the best way to make any sort of electronic music with no thought to the progression of the track. which is funny because you know, intelligence.

I've know about this for a while now. Best thing to do is get this plugin, speed it up however much you like and mess with the EQ while it plays.

Great stuff.

(lol im posting in EKT)

Archived