07-23 Columbus, OH - Wexner Center #

07-24 Detroit, MI - Detroit Institute of Arts #

07-25 Pittsburgh, PA - Andy Warhol Museum #

07-27 Chicago, IL - Lakeshore Theater #

* with Wobbly

# with Snacks

Never heard of those openers, anyone?

Guest telikan

Well Wobbly is pretty well known, and I'm sure people will be psyched to see him back out on his own live. I'm pretty sure he's a programmer for Cycling '74. Kind of a staple in the glitchy Bay Area scene for a long time.

Snacks are from Baltimore and are fucking insane. Homemade electronics spazz and awesome drumming, but all the sounds are really clean. No telling what they'll be doing on the tour though. You can download their picture disc here: http://www.ehserecords.com/

Well Wobbly is pretty well known, and I'm sure people will be psyched to see him back out on his own live. I'm pretty sure he's a programmer for Cycling '74. Kind of a staple in the glitchy Bay Area scene for a long time.

Snacks are from Baltimore and are fucking insane. Homemade electronics spazz and awesome drumming, but all the sounds are really clean. No telling what they'll be doing on the tour though. You can download their picture disc here: http://www.ehserecords.com/

Wobbly is not a cycling 74 programmer asfaik, but he hangs out with a lot of the dudes from tigerbeat and who are involved in maxmsp development like kit klayton and kevin blectum.

to answer the other person:he is a very old school electronic music maker, that imo made some really clever stuff back in 1995-7 that was equally as creative as Aphex' music from the same era. I used to play shows with him at these things called Omnimedias way back in the day. After omnimedia dissolved he changed his career direction to doing mostly stolen plunderphonics stuff (tigerbeat 6 release 'wild why'). Some of it is very tongue in cheek comedy esque like the tigerbeat release and some of it is beautifully manipulated stuff like his choir music mix, which was mostly made out of stolen classical music stuff but turned into something very wobbly.

an exclusive song of his opens the comp for Record Label Records called 'ghos busters III'.

I love wobbly, i wish he would release more music.

Guest telikan

Wobbly works for Digidesign, not Cyclying 74, maybe. But yeah, he's one of those really super smart weirdos that SF electronic music is known for.

Anyway, he has a new split out on the Ache divorce series with an artist called Bulbs, which I think is his first real release in a couple years. Anyone heard it yet? GBIII?

Guest goodwillsidis

Snacks are GREAT!!!

very fractured, very live, dudes totally throttle their gear...

if you look at it real fast they might look like a "noise" band, but WATMM heads will easily be able to recognize it as ruckus electronic music

Wobbly works for Digidesign, not Cyclying 74, maybe. But yeah, he's one of those really super smart weirdos that SF electronic music is known for.

Anyway, he has a new split out on the Ache divorce series with an artist called Bulbs, which I think is his first real release in a couple years. Anyone heard it yet? GBIII?

no i had no idea it was coming out.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kunio King

goddam! i wish wobbly was hittin the east coast dates!

i'll be @ the wexner center or warhol museum for sure.

Archived