IGNORED

First Post -- A short track

metsik

Hi all,

First post here, hooray. Pretty effects heavy, I have a crude workflow right now because I'm at school. ACID to Sound Forge to WAV/MP3. No keyboard to speak of, and the SF I have isn't even a multi-track (yuck).

donaldump2 -- Very short . . . Composed of samples run through an old version of ACID, then applied some vibrato and EQ/wah effects in SF.

derra -- Very short as well . . . Just one instrumental sample. Nothing sophisticated.

I'm working on incorporating both of these into separate full-length tracks, but for the time being, this is all I've got.

Any feedback, good or bad, is welcome.

Thanks

donaldump2.mp3

derra.mp3

Guest Chris Martin

Very nice melodies!

"DonaldDump2" = I could see myself cutting up and making a very nice beat to

"Derra" = Lots of potential to evolve into a very nice melody with the right bass sound to back it and some soft drums

Overall, I would love to hear these tunes when they're finished. I know how hard it can be to develop your tunes while going to school (I'm a Biology Major myself) but if you've got a MySpace or a site for your tunes, post it. Would like to hear some completed works if you've got some

Guest the televisor

yea cool melodies, espiecally derra, make sure you do something good to it, add some glitchy fucked beats

Guest hellomynameis

the first one was wierd, maybe it would sound good with beats and other shit but couldnt rate it really

derra sounds pretty good, maybe add more cut off or bring it out of cut off as it sounds a bit weak IMO

in derra, everything is trying to burst through the cutoff on the eq, perhaps you could record some automation for it and sweep it around and bring it to the forefront a few times, and maybe you could add some sort of heavy bd to keep things together?

Guest tht! tne
yea cool melodies, espiecally derra, make sure you do something good to it, add some glitchy fucked beats

i also saw derra going in a glitch direction

i listened to the second version you posted

the presence was better but i still believe it wants glitch

Archived