IGNORED

Jetpack Cat! World 1 Demo

autopilot

Lately I've been working on a side-scrolling game where you fly around a cat with a jetpack. It's called jetpack cat.

Here is the first build of it, the finished version of world 1.

Jetpack Cat! v15

Basically you fly the cat around using the ASDW keys, and click with the left mouse button to attack enemies. You move the mouse around to aim. Right click gives you a jetpack boost. I'm probably going to include more weapons & power-ups in future levels.

Screenshots are attached.

[att

achment=1254:attachment]

[att

achment=1258:attachment]

Guest Pinflux

You fly around a cat? Interesting, but it could get a little repetitive...

*edit* Nevermind, you fly the cat around... I get it. Downloading now!

Guest Pinflux

Well that was trippy... it took a million years to lead though :/

You want critiques and comments on the game or just the music? The music was nice :)

Since version 15 I have revised this quite a bit. The same basic control scheme & game premise is there, but there's a ton of new features:

current version: 22

-Added 100 max shield, health bar, lives, & collectable coins that give you an extra life when you pick up 100.

-Fixed reticle glitch that causes the green reticle not to appear half the time.

-Adjusted damage levels & world 1 stages so the difficulty is more of a gradual build.

-Added a red reticle when you mouseover things you can't shoot. [see: screen 3]

-Made power-ups for shield in increments of 5, 10, & 25.

-Added photorealistic background images.

-Added a totally awesome title screen & loading bar.

-F4 will switch to fullscreen, which makes things easier to click on, & smooths out the graphics, but runs slower on an older machine.

-In windowed mode, the window can no longer be resized.

-Added a display when you press shift that tells you your life/coins. [see: screen 4]

-Made it so the health bar/coins display appears when you pick up life or coins, or lose life, then disappears after a short period of time. [see: screens 1 & 3]

-Made the music better.

Pinflux - Yeah, the load time's a bitch. Despite the seeming graphical simplicity, the sheer amount of graphical & audio data creates a bit of a load time. In version 22, which is about 18 megs compiled, there's about a minute load time before the game runs (my machine is 1.5ghz with 512 ram, 64meg radeon 9000). I'm working on making it so stuff loads at the beginning of levels instead of at the beginning of the game, so there's a few slight load times instead of a massive one at the start.

Anyways, I will remove build 1 & put up build 2 when I'm completely finished with the new version of world 1 (I'm changing the levels so they're layed out better). Thanks for the interest anyone has in this. :grin:

Archived