IGNORED

roland sync question

im going to by a tr-606 next week, and i just wondered, if im using the tr-707 for master sync w/ ableton and the 2din syncc for the tb-303 - how wouldi go about adding a tr-606 in the mix?

im guessing something like THIS

but the most roland drum machine si get will i have to buy more and more sync boxes?

thanks

Guest woofamonkeymoo

I picked up a din splitter cable off ebay, a bit pricey at 8 quid but it does the job and I've never seen them anywhere else. I think ceephax made his own so it should be quite easy.

im going to by a tr-606 next week, and i just wondered, if im using the tr-707 for master sync w/ ableton and the 2din syncc for the tb-303 - how wouldi go about adding a tr-606 in the mix?

but the most roland drum machine si get will i have to buy more and more sync boxes?

thanks

I picked up a din splitter cable off ebay, a bit pricey at 8 quid but it does the job and I've never seen them anywhere else. I think ceephax made his own so it should be quite easy.

thanks

alright.. i'll have to ask him to make me one

Guest TheEarlOfEastchurch

can you go 707 ---> PC (midi)

707-----> 303 Din Sync

303-------->606 Cv Gate or trigger from 707 to 606

i use an mc 202 for sync im thinkin of gettin another one it is THE SYNC

MASTER!!!!

Guest noradrenalin

yeah the 202 is amazing

my advice though would be throw away that shitTY 70FUCKING7 ALREADY!

eh... sorry i'm still pissed at mine (707 and 727) but they make nice wall decorations.

yeah the 202 is amazing

my advice though would be throw away that shitTY 70FUCKING7 ALREADY!

eh... sorry i'm still pissed at mine (707 and 727) but they make nice wall decorations.

my 707 works well.. i have had no problems at all ever with it.. so no..

a mc-202 is 3rd on my list after a 606 and 101 then 202 and then 808/909 depending on cash rates at the time!

Guest TheEarlOfEastchurch

edmx told me that the line in mr fingers 'stars' was done by sequencing a synth from a 707 cant work out how thats done though

707 is great you gotta add some fx/eq to the BD and clap the rest is tasty

Guest noradrenalin

yeah i can only say good things about the 202 so far. i was thinking about a 101 but i prefer to program and then tweak sliders while its playing so the 202 is really my kind of synth. in fact once i have the cash i'm going to try to find another one.

Guest Analogue Wings

707s are meant to have bad timing, so I guess chaining more boxes will make that more and more apparent - time to get a master synch box with lots of outs?

Guest woofamonkeymoo

don't underestimate the sequencer in the 101

yeah i can only say good things about the 202 so far. i was thinking about a 101 but i prefer to program and then tweak sliders while its playing so the 202 is really my kind of synth. in fact once i have the cash i'm going to try to find another one.

707s are meant to have bad timing, so I guess chaining more boxes will make that more and more apparent - time to get a master synch box with lots of outs?

some people have had the odd moemnt, i used to et horrible syncage when sycnd to rebirth.. but now i dont use that programe the 707 syncage to ableton/zoom 123/303 is as tight as a nuns cunt!

Guest noradrenalin
of course it can be tuned you cunt

i have one sitting not two feet away from me right now. it is not modified and there is no apparent way to tune it.

can you go 707 ---> PC (midi)

707-----> 303 Din Sync

303-------->606 Cv Gate or trigger from 707 to 606

i use an mc 202 for sync im thinkin of gettin another one it is THE SYNC

MASTER!!!!

707 --> pc (midi) fine

707 --> 303 din sync fine

303 -->606 cv gate or trigger from 707 to 606 not fine

the 707 only has tape sync I/O

the 606's trigger is Lt Ht trigger out - though i did only use one 3.55mm cable and not 2 does that matter?

Guest crystal

Using a TR 707 to control a synthesizer or sampler by midi (very rough little guide):

Plug the midi output of the 707 into the midi input of your synthesizer or sampler. Play a track from the 707. If you're lucky, you'll hear some fucked up rhythmic music that you may or may not enjoy very much.

The TR 707 has midi note assignable codes for each drum key. One can play 16 different notes by tapping on the 1-16 keys.

To change the midi note number for each drum hit, go to the midi set menu. Not sure of the button for this, maybe shift and insert or something? It's the menu where you set the midi and din sync number settings. If you can't find it tell me and I'll have a look later, but you should be able to find it on your own. There should be a number in one of the menus that reads something like 37 or 48 or 42, etc. When that menu comes up, click on the different drum sound buttons to change the note for each drum by using the up and down buttons.

I hope that makes some sense, because now you can use the 707 as a midi sequencer! Well done. Plug into into your AKAI S20 that you found in a skip, or that midi modded 808! Can control 808 with a 707 sequencer! Fuck yeah! America fuck yeah! Track sequencing!

Using a TR 707 to control a synthesizer or sampler by midi (very rough little guide):

Plug the midi output of the 707 into the midi input of your synthesizer or sampler. Play a track from the 707. If you're lucky, you'll hear some fucked up rhythmic music that you may or may not enjoy very much.

The TR 707 has midi note assignable codes for each drum key. One can play 16 different notes by tapping on the 1-16 keys.

To change the midi note number for each drum hit, go to the midi set menu. Not sure of the button for this, maybe shift and insert or something? It's the menu where you set the midi and din sync number settings. If you can't find it tell me and I'll have a look later, but you should be able to find it on your own. There should be a number in one of the menus that reads something like 37 or 48 or 42, etc. When that menu comes up, click on the different drum sound buttons to change the note for each drum by using the up and down buttons.

I hope that makes some sense, because now you can use the 707 as a midi sequencer! Well done. Plug into into your AKAI S20 that you found in a skip, or that midi modded 808! Can control 808 with a 707 sequencer! Fuck yeah! America fuck yeah! Track sequencing!

if your a woman you've won my heart if your not forget i ever said that

-

i just tried to order a din Y splitter cable from kenton and the cable is £5.50 and i have to spend £20 before it ships to me.. wtf!!!?!!!

i well pissed off...i need a din splitter before saturday!

Archived