IGNORED

The Jewelled Antler Library

Guest Hanratty

Guest Hanratty

http://www.porterrecords.com/id35.html

With 13 groups, 59 tracks and over 4 hours and 40 minutes of music and sounds, the Jewelled Antler Library 4 CD box-set brings together experimental music from the U.S., Finland and New Zealand that ranges from psychedelic, abstract drone, soft psych, noise, folk and field recordings, to the outright strange and bizarre. Four CDs that collect together the entire 12 volume set of the limited edition Jewelled Antler CD-R Library, plus the limited edition recording of The Ways of God to Man and also 12 new field recordings by Loren Chasse. Musicians include: Fursaxa, Uton, Loren Chasse, Tomes, The Ivytree, Hala Strana, Dead Raven Choir, The Famous Boating Party, Claypipe, Muons, Thuja, Kemialliset Ystavat, The Ways of God to Man. This is a 1000 limited edition box-set. The box-set is made of heavy chip board stock with the Jewelled Antler logo debossed in metal foil, includes 14 heavy stock panels with original artwork, CD faces have printed photos by Loren Chasse. Will retail for around $60.

-

anyone into this stuff? i'm not sure if I will get it because of the price. but it does look good to me.

Guest Hanratty
nice to see some love for Porter Records on here.

there is an artist on watmm with a couple of releases coming out on porter next year.

oh yeah? who is it? I love the Ted Daniels reissue on Porter. Seems to be a great new label.

Guest Weird Al

I'll be releasing some stuff with Porter Records next year.

I play violin on 1 track on the upcoming porter release "David Hurley - Inner Nebula Outer Nebula".

I'll be releasing an album in March 2009 with "Brian Ellis' Ürth Arkestra" which is an album of post-edited improvised jam sessions with David Hurley on Drums/Trumpet, Rasaan Davis on Bass, Zach Hogan on Bass, Russ Cobbe on percussion/drums/inspiration, and myself on Keyboards, Guitar, Sax, Trumpet, and more.

Porter will also be releasing a trio recording with me, David Hurley, and Preston Swirnoff (Habitat Sound System, The Shining Path). This is a monstrous recording with David Hurley on Drums, Preston Swirnoff on Rhodes Piano, Acetone Organ, and Korg MS10, and myself on bass, guitar, and saxophone. Release date TBA.

I'm also in talks with Byard Lancaster about a possible collaboration album with him and the Ürth Arkestra.

I'm really excited to be working with Porter. They are the best new label out!

Archived