IGNORED

Halliburton wants me

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

you have a massive ginger beard too, shit

It's a red beard, not a ginger beard. I have blonde hair. I'm 50/50 Welsh/Italian.

Halliburton's reputation notwithstanding, I wouldn't even consider a job that required moving to a rural area unless it was my only prospect. I love living and working in the silicon forest and I want to continue to do so.

• 2 months later...
Engineering majors can suck themselves-->come out of school and make $50,000 right off the bat and rise from there.

(P.S. Secretly pissed that I wasn't good enough in math to continue past calculus I or physics I and thus cannot be an engineer)

68k/yr + benefits, actually :beer:

you have a massive ginger beard too, shit

It's a red beard, not a ginger beard. I have blonde hair. I'm 50/50 Welsh/Italian.

interestingly i'm pretty sure most Welsh people have dark hair because of Iberian Peninsula (extreme southwest of Europe) descent, same as Britons--i know they all think they're Celtic but genetics they no lie. apparently during the industrial revolution Italians migrated to Wales.

Very likely.

It's also more than likely that the Welsh stuff is BS on my family's part -- the family name is Scottish after all.

hmm, i'm blond hair/red beard also, but less easy to trace specifics. english/irish (only one is true), ukraine jew, german, f. canadian. also the only one in my family for a couple generations with red hair.

Archived