IGNORED

my $600 dilemma

EdamAnchorman

You should give them their 600 dollars, and restore the damage to your car.

Then find a newspaper dated whenever you originally had the car fixed and take pictures.

Now get your hands on some of their stationary and build up a whole bunch of fake correspondence about how you paid them upfront, waited for weeks to get your car back from them and ended up being forced to pick it up without it being repaired and them not giving you back your money.

Just make up both sides of the story.

Now find a lawyer that will sue the bastards for taking your money and not fixing your car and how you suffered enormous emotional damage from the whole ordeal and spent months trying to just at least get your money back from them.

If you do this right it could pay for your entire wedding plus honeymoon.

When you return from your honeymoon sugar the repairshop's owner's gastank.

thanks but i am too lazy for all of this.

just change your phone number or move house. are they an independent garage?

no, they are a nationwide chain. i cant really change numbers, as they took a copy of my drivers license when i went in for the work so they have my address, etc. looks like they got me by the balls.

Guest analogue wings

Maybe you should pay them the amount you agreed to pay them for the work that they have carried out to your satisfaction.

Guest analogue wings

Mechanics are rich?

They're not handing it to you, they're actively trying to recover it.

Stop being a scummy thief and trying to justify yourself with some Robin Hood bullshit. Take some responsibility for your actions.

the mechanics still get paid, this is a nationwide company, $600 isn't going to put them under. and i'm not trying to justify anything, i am going to pay them back, i just wasn't going to bother if they were going to forget about it. i think most people would do the same, even though that really doesn't matter.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah fuck that shit. if it was independent i would say pay them but chain no way. move house and change your name. good chance to not have such a shit name

Guest abusivegeorge

If a company charges you x amount and you pay x amount on that day, then that is an agreed transaction. You do not have to pay anymore, thats there mistake you paid as requested, you are not entitled to have to pay another $600 dollars to which you knew nothing about.

Thats in England btw.

Archived