IGNORED

McCain criticizes wasteful military spending

Guest Al Hounos

Guest Wall Bird

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090302/frank

Here's a good article by Barney Frank reinforcing the opinion that we need to cut the military budget big time. It's great to hear someone finally saying what a lot of people have known for some time. However, I'm a bit suspect of Mr. Frank since he was one of the reps. who pushed hard for that infernal $750,000,000,000 Wall Street Bailout.

Guest Al Hounos

yeah, but surely they can't turn away from the military-industrial complex so easily. cut everything else, but leave the real pork-fest alone.

Guest catsonearth

yea, we need to earmark that money for more important things like building prison camps in montana and shit like that. that's the kind of tip we're on now. why spend several billion on one plane when you could spend a few million on building a prison facility and then a few more million juggling the system so it becomes a necessity to start putting people in them. that's twice the oppression, for half the cost. is very good deal, yes?

Guest Al Hounos
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090302/frank

Here's a good article by Barney Frank reinforcing the opinion that we need to cut the military budget big time. It's great to hear someone finally saying what a lot of people have known for some time. However, I'm a bit suspect of Mr. Frank since he was one of the reps. who pushed hard for that infernal $750,000,000,000 Wall Street Bailout.

I'm not an economist or a banker so I can't really say if the bailout was unnecessary. I just have to trust people like Paul Krugman. Sounds to me like we could have punished wall street and the banks and left them out to die, but we would likely put ourselves and the whole world into a long and painful depression.

Any sign of reigning in this country's out-of-control military spending, expecially coming from a hawkish republican, is a huge step, imo.

you don't think his losing the presidential race affected his critical remarks of the new prez? come on!

Archived