IGNORED

rhode island outlawing indoor prostitution

Guest tht tne

Guest IRARI
The Associated Press

Published: May 13, 2009

PROVIDENCE—Rhode Island could soon end a dubious distinction: being the only place outside certain counties in Nevada where indoor prostitution is legal.

House lawmakers voted 62-8 on Wednesday to close a loophole in state law, which criminalizes the solicitation of sexual acts in the street but not behind closed doors. It now heads for a vote in the Senate.

The legislation sponsored by Rep. Joanne Giannini would end the distinction between indoor and outdoor prostitution. Under her proposal, prostitutes could be punished by a prison term of up to six months in prison and a $1,000 fine for a first offense.

Those convicted of hiring a prostitute would face similar penalties.

Guest IRARI
that's not very interesting

i guess it's trivia but some of us (ok just me) are so hard up for sex that i would've considered a trip to rhode island

just like how when i cut ties with some of my high-school friends i was going to go to amsterdam for weed/shrooms

Archived