IGNORED

Scrase - Platz EP

Yo, sorry for the spam, this is my mates music and it's rather excellent in my opinion. Also I'm responsible for this artwork and I'm quite pleased with it. Check it out...

PlatzCover-1.jpg

This isn't really a new release anymore but I'm sure it's passed quite a few of you by, so I thought I should draw your attention to it, particularly since he's got some tasty new material out soon/now.

Scrase is a Windsor based musician who prominantly produces Techno, Electro, Dubstep, Minimal and Jungle, quite often in varying combinations. He has been heavily influenced by classic Rephlex and Warp tracks but still manages to find a unique voice of his own. The Platz EP showcases his Techno/Electro output with hints of Dubstep and Minimal. The EP shows both beautiful and visceral sides of his sound with occaissional forays into more surreal territory. It is suitable for both armchair and club play.

Scrase's Platz EP was released for free download on Organic Analogue records in 2008 and is available here:

Platz EP

You can also cop his mix from Delete a few weeks back for free, all his own tracks, mostly on a 4/4 techno tip.Here:

Scrase Myspace

Also worth Checking out are his recent and forthcoming releases on Paul Blackford's Militant Science label

Here's the DJ Magazine review:

Paul Blackford/Scrase - Germ Warfare/Ford (Militant Science)

Paul Blackford launches a new label to cater for the middle ground between electro and drum & bass. As he demonstrates on 'Warfare', Blackford is approaching this new project from a DJ's perspective as tight pacey drums and cold acid bleeps prevail. Scrase, on the other hand, is more abstract, his bass-centric 'Ford' is more advanced but full of the kind of breaks and drops that may confuse.

To be followed soon by another track called "Stakker" More info here:

Militant Science Myspace

Archived