IGNORED

I want a genius

Guest joshier

I work with someone I consider genius. But not because he has a string of letters after his name, more because you can pretty much hit him with any topic of conversation and he'll have good knowledge and his own opinion about it. Sometimes I just talk to people and they don't know what I'm going on about.

I've learnt a lot from him, and he's not socially inept either.

Guest joshier

I work with someone I consider genius. But not because he has a string of letters after his name, more because you can pretty much hit him with any topic of conversation and he'll have good knowledge and his own opinion about it. Sometimes I just talk to people and they don't know what I'm going on about.

I've learnt a lot from him, and he's not socially inept either.

Asked him about quantum physics?

Guest joshier

Every day I look up articles on various aspects of science and society and I hope to god that someone asks me about them so I can share my new found knowledge.

I'm like that with the band A-ha.

Guest ezkerraldean

i think i fulfil that role for a lot of people i know at uni. i've got loads of friends who seem to think i'm uber-intelligent, but the truth is merely that i read too much on wikipedia, and therefore know tonnes of shit about totally useless crap.

and i'm also a social tard lol

Guest Mr Salads

I want a super genius as a friend.

At my work place there is one guy who understands a vast amount of knowledge, we are talking 'wow fuck, impressive'.

It's extremely interesting to me because I have so many questions to ask. It's the main reason I work there.

I don't know why I didn't think about it a long time ago.. it's amazing knowing someone who know so much (and so intelligent), it's like having access to god himself.

Do you have any friends like this? Do you think it is good? what are the drawbacks? (The guy I know lacks social skills and physical activities seemingly in his life)

I dont know any geniuses, but I live with one who thinks he is a genius because if you try to disprove anything he says he bleeds out of his vagina about it.

Like last fuckin night, Im sitting there with him talking about the tour de france. I go, the mountain ride is friday. He goes, no man, it was today. Then ESPN says "the mountain bike ride which will be tomorrow, aka friday..." then I look at him like "see??" and he goes psh. It's a hill, it's a mountain, same thing. I go dude. It's not a fucking mountain. It's a hill, and there's a difference. And he goes, OH ARE YOU A FUCKIN GEOLOGIST NOW.

And I told him to shove it up his mother's slimy cunt.

Guest joshier

i think i fulfil that role for a lot of people i know at uni. i've got loads of friends who seem to think i'm uber-intelligent, but the truth is merely that i read too much on wikipedia, and therefore know tonnes of shit about totally useless crap.

Why is it that when the earth is spinning, we don't feel it?

Guest tv_party

I'm a little rusty on my science but I believe it's because you only feel a change in velocity.

Guest joshier

I'm a little rusty on my science but I believe it's because you only feel a change in velocity.

I read that it was because we are in the earths atmosphere and thus subjected to the particles that move with the earth.

Guest tv_party

I read that it was because we are in the earths atmosphere and thus subjected to the particles that move with the earth.

yeah sort of. you are stationary with reference to the earth which is moving for all intents and purposes at a constant velocity and constant direction.

external forces from extraterrestrial bodies, while present are weak enough to be virtually undetectable consciously to our body.

Guest theSun

yeah sort of. you are stationary with reference to the earth which is moving for all intents and purposes at a constant velocity and constant direction.

external forces from extraterrestrial bodies, while present are weak enough to be virtually undetectable consciously to our body.

just think how unadvantageous it would be for us to evolve with a sense of how fast the earf is moving.

Guest joshier

just think how unadvantageous it would be for us to evolve with a sense of how fast the earf is moving.

It would be useful, which I think is why we already have one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm

Guest ezkerraldean

haha, just the sort of shit i always seem to get asked irl

you don't "feel" velocity. like how, when you're on a plane, you don't "feel" the fact that you're travelling at 500mph. well, unless you look out the window.

dats physics innit

I want a super genius as a friend.

At my work place there is one guy who understands a vast amount of knowledge, we are talking 'wow fuck, impressive'.

It's extremely interesting to me because I have so many questions to ask. It's the main reason I work there.

I don't know why I didn't think about it a long time ago.. it's amazing knowing someone who know so much (and so intelligent), it's like having access to god himself.

Do you have any friends like this? Do you think it is good? what are the drawbacks? (The guy I know lacks social skills and physical activities seemingly in his life)

nao ..whilst i am not in your sense a genius ... my memory retention is crap.. if we want to put it bluntly .. if not embarrassmentaly .. still thoe .. any subject you could care to brouch at work .. i will have an opinion on .. there will be some subset of induvidual passage ofknowlaedge being hammered out ever time you express the need to want to ask me anything my friend ,,..cause i may remember nothing ..but i have the wisdom to blunder my way through anything ...

yeah

i'm a total idiot but get some people thinking i'm clever

like because i know the recent swine flu is actually human, bird and swine flu. i was eating with someone, and they started talking about swine flu (when it was big news, she didn't know about it) - i mentioned that people call it swine flu but it's a combination of human, bird and swine flu .. her and someone else then offered me the rest of their chicken. i had the chicken. then i realised they mentioned it because i had ordered pork.. when they knew it's also bird flu, they didn't want their chicken anymore.. they thought they could get it from eating

Archived