IGNORED

totally orsum

delet...

well that's only 5 or so years away .. welcome to the fast moving realitae + did you really think that noone noticed that it was a compilation of programmed moves .. ?? .. you weren't making a real point there were you .. i hope not .. the main thing is that it's a beautiful thing that someone bothered to do .. and if one projects ahead we have a potential realization ... of a fun situation ...

;-]

Guest my usernames always really suck

well that's only 5 or so years away

People have been saying "it's only 5 or so years way" about robots for the last 50 years now.

well that's only 5 or so years away

People have been saying "it's only 5 or so years way" about robots for the last 50 years now.

well now it depends what i'm saying is 5 or so years away ... asking for something that could 'perform' in that vid without edit in five years 'or so' that has the computational power within that scale of robot .. is not such an insane idea .. let us ponder what does it need to do ..

- has to be aware of the task (components within the task(ex:that is a cofee grinder so it as an extention of my facilities allows me to do 'this') /spacial reasoning to a degree(awareness within a space/ability to track the movements of all it's component parts)),.

- problem solving (wireless connectivity can add to number crunching fascilities),.

- better engineered structure ...

hrmmm .. hangover kicking in .. i need sleep .. but anyway .. when you break it down .. and if you have some understanding of where we've come from andhow things have been accelerating in the past 10-15 years ... this offhand comment of mine doesn't seem so pathetic .. yes it's still a fucking hard problem to master ... but it's certainly not soccer ...

I want to walk into a cafe and have on of those things serve me. Like there's a person who I give the order to and then they come to your little table and chuck a robot on there and it makes you your coffee (or tea in my case). That'd be awesome!

Archived