IGNORED

Lunch food ideas for school

thehauntingsoul

So I start Uni again for the year tomorrow but I have no idea what I'm going to do for lunches.

Generally speaking I don't really like sandwiches but its probably just because I haven't really found a good sandwich for lunch. Something about fluffy dry bread that just really turns me off. Usually I'll put like sliced ham/turkey/chicken with onions, lettuce, peppers, marble cheese, and mayo. Its just so bland though.

I would really like some ideas for pastas as well but I'm not really sure I will have access to a microwave so that could be an issue. Now that I think of it though I could use a thermos easily enough.

So yeah, what are your favorite packed lunches? Mainly I'm looking for things that are quick to throw together but the odd meal that takes a while to make is ok.

Alright you're off the leash now, lets see what our Watmm chefs have to offer in this matter.

edit: Also, here's a cookie monster for added incentive :cisfor:

Guest countchocula

I would really like some ideas for pastas as well but I'm not really sure I will have access to a microwave so that could be an issue. Now that I think of it though I could use a thermos easily enough.

If you have access to a thermos pastas, soups, stews, and chowders seem like a good idea. Then you could bring a sandwich and dip it in the soups/stews and it wouldn't be so dry.

scrambled eggs put into a tupperware container

protein powder & cup that you can just add water to

chicken breasts

vegetable stirfry

protein bar

non-carb based frozen microwave meals you get at the grocery store

gum

Guest Adjective

1. cook bacon or a little breakfast sausage (like that tubed jimmy dean stuff)

2. scramble an egg in the remaining grease

3. mix it all together (spice it up!)

4. place in flour or corn tortilla

5. roll it nice and tight

6. foil

eat every day, anytime, until you die

6. foil

Holy shit yo that's a great idea. Does it usually get cold by lunch though?

Guest Drahken

Back when I had to walk through the snow to class in the winter alot I'd make a couple baked potatos in foil (ok, technically steamed being in foil but whatever). I'd toss em in the oven when I got up in the morning and just toss them foil and all in my pocket on the way out the door. Makes a awesome hand warmer on the way to class, after which I'd devour them. Probably a bit bland for you, but I always loved it.

Now days I'm all about the bento boxes which a friendly neighbor of mine expertly prepares on request.

Guest leprechaun

My fall back when I'm too lazy to make a reheatable lunch for work is tuna fish on crackers. Mix canned tuna with whatever ingredients you like (I prefer just mayo and onions in mine) in a tupperware container. Bring a pack of saltines with you and you're set. I also like to carry a salad with me to work - it's pretty much always the same and I have yet to get sick of it. It consists of some sliced cucumber, red onion, grape tomatoes, a few kalamata olives, and some goat cheese plus a little bit of Italian dressing in a small container on the side.

Guest abusivegeorge

6. foil

Thats is pretty fucking amazing.

Guest countchocula

Back when I had to walk through the snow to class in the winter alot I'd make a couple baked potatos in foil (ok, technically steamed being in foil but whatever). I'd toss em in the oven when I got up in the morning and just toss them foil and all in my pocket on the way out the door. Makes a awesome hand warmer on the way to class, after which I'd devour them. Probably a bit bland for you, but I always loved it.

Now days I'm all about the bento boxes which a friendly neighbor of mine expertly prepares on request.

You can spice it up by slicing the potato into slightly bigger than crisp pieces and then putting butter, season salt, and garlic powder all over.

Word I'm all about these recipies, I'm going to make a grocery list now.

Including salads and stuff, what sort of healthy lunch additions do you guys suggest?

I'm not really a huge fan of tomatoes for some reason, and I'm allergic to carrots but otherwise its pretty much open

Also if you can think of any killer sandwiches with maybe a different type of bread or something.

Archived