IGNORED

Do you mod your car?

Guest leprechaun

Guest leprechaun

So I've moved up in life - have a decent paying job and as such have recently bought myself a nice car. My last two cars have been Ford Tauruses (a '95 and then an '03). By no means my dream car, but they were reliable enough and they got me from point A to point B. The new car is an '05 Acura TSX. I'm completely in love with it and fap over it daily. The SO is really into cars and tastefully modifying them and is starting to get me into it too. So far we've done minor, mostly interior stuff - installed an MP3 player adapter (omg the IDMz never sounded so good, especially when compared to the shitty speakers in a Taurus) and also changed some of the interior light bulbs over to LEDs. Tinted the windows and the SO made some custom fog lights with LEDs that came out very nice. We're going to be putting in a cold air intake and some headers next I think.

So anyone into cars and moding?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

OMG OMG OMG

I take daily drivers and turn them into track cars, my last project was a Ford Focus ST170, which I turned into a 610hp superchaged 2.1 ZVH conversion.

0-60 2.9

0-100 9.7

quarter mile in 10.7 at 133.4mph

Top whack 197.

I have many more but am very pre-occupied on a massive watmm msn multichat at the minute.

Yep, installed a 2.5 inch suspension lift, 1.5 inch body lift, 33x12.50 tires, 1.25 inch motor mount lift. Some seat risers, and some hear and there spray mod nonsense to get rid of some chrome.

P1010070.JPG

Cold air intake, Flowmaster off-road exhaust, front and rear armor next.

Guest leprechaun

Yep, installed a 2.5 inch suspension lift, 1.5 inch body lift, 33x12.50 tires, 1.25 inch motor mount lift.

P1010070.JPG

Have you taken it mudding?

Here is an idea i've considered but haven't done. I think a great trick would be to rewire the rear windsheild wiper fluid spray nozzle, with a thin-gauge tube, to pour the water in the area right in front of the back rear tires, instead of the rear windsheild. So, you just push the button to spray the water and instead if lays down a small puddle in front of the back tire. So when you are stationary at a light, on a dry road, you put some water down and when the light turns green you floor it and it seems like your car has a tremendous amount of horsepower peeling out when in fact its just because you made it a little bit slippery. I think i will try it some day.

i've just had some dry lining work done and had the damp proofing boosted on my Ford Tippex V8. she's pulling about 300 newtons at full whack. hopefully getting a patio on the roof before the summers gone and im gonna take her tractor pulling on sunday if i can get the sun loungers fitted in time and im hoping it wont be long before i can reduce the suction to under 5khz so i can put another 10 wheels on the cunt.

Guest Al Hounos

i turbo'd my mazda miata. whoooooosh

leave the under the hood stuff alone until you know what you're doing. all the headers and intake will do is make it noisy and void your warranty.

a car is to get you from A to B.

it is not a fashion statement

vans are for winners

just ask the A-TEAM

don't waste money on a car or even a van. spend it on something worth while.

Guest beatfanatic

vans are for winners

just ask the A-TEAM

you just contradicted yourself with the first and the last statement.

Guest leprechaun

i turbo'd my mazda miata. whoooooosh

leave the under the hood stuff alone until you know what you're doing. all the headers and intake will do is make it noisy and void your warranty.

SO knows how to do the intake, has installed a couple on past cars, says it's pretty simple. We have a mechanic we'll take it to for the headers since those are just painful without a lift. Don't have a warranty anyway, bought the car used. Finally the type of intake I'm going for won't make it that much noisier, it will really only be noticeable when I really accelerate. It will, however, help to improve gas mileage, and since this thing takes premium I'm doing every thing I can on that front. The goal is to make this car a 'sleeper,' so I stop at putting huge fart can on the thing.

Guest Al Hounos

it's not a question of knowing how to do it, it's why to do it. all a filter and headers will do is make it louder and give you maybe a max of 10 extra horsepower. you'll hardly even be able to notice. a tsx is a nice car, but it's not a performance machine and it never will be. so stick to the appearance/luxury/audio stuff and be happy with it. if you want to go fast, get something with potential.

vans are for winners

just ask the A-TEAM

you just contradicted yourself with the first and the last statement.

i always do

Guest abusivegeorge

it's not a question of knowing how to do it, it's why to do it. all a filter and headers will do is make it louder and give you maybe a max of 10 extra horsepower. you'll hardly even be able to notice. a tsx is a nice car, but it's not a performance machine and it never will be. so stick to the appearance/luxury/audio stuff and be happy with it. if you want to go fast, get something with potential.

10BHP, qouted for truth, you'll be lucky to even seen that, usually you'll only see improvements like that on anything V6 and bigger.

However, the Ford Focus isn't a performance car, but with the money, right equipment and people who know what they are doing, you can turn anything into one.

I once built a reyland metro, thats right, a rover metro, with a 1.8 litre VVC supercharger conversion, that baby ran 260BHP and weighed 770kilos, it was basically a lotus Elise but with more power, she was my trackslag, that I never drove, only my friend Iain did.

Also, fucking LOL @ LUDD.

http://reyland.co.uk/metro.asp?flOffset=1

Guest leprechaun

I'm not really looking to make the thing faster/more powerful. I don't actually want a car with that potential because I know I have the inclination to drive like an asshole. I drive this car like a grandpa for the most part. As I said before, my main motivation is gas mileage and anything that makes the engine work more efficiently is a plus in my book.

That said, here are my fogs (mostly useless and just for show):

DSCN3947.jpg

Whoops, you're right. I drive a black '05 S4. I just googled that pic quick, it wasn't mine.

I don't touch anything on it in fear that it would void the warranty (which certainly pays off).

Did you take one out with your purchase leprechaun? They're well worth it with foreign cars I believe.

Guest leprechaun

Whoops, you're right. I drive a black '05 S4. I just googled that pic quick, it wasn't mine.

I don't touch anything on it in fear that it would void the warranty (which certainly pays off).

Did you take one out with your purchase leprechaun? They're well worth it with foreign cars I believe.

Well the car was already past it's factory warranty. It did come with a 30 day deal from the dealership, but we decided purchasing their extra packages wasn't worth it. It is a Honda after all.

I'm not really looking to make the thing faster/more powerful. I don't actually want a car with that potential because I know I have the inclination to drive like an asshole. I drive this car like a grandpa for the most part. As I said before, my main motivation is gas mileage and anything that makes the engine work more efficiently is a plus in my book.

That said, here are my fogs (mostly useless and just for show):

DSCN3947.jpg

show us under the sky ... even though you were demo'ing the LEDs and you did that that they were weak ..

why does they acura symbol .. look like the treky logo .. ??

4483_3787_1_0.jpg

My ride. Although I haven't done anything to it. :fear:

'fapfapfap

It's an RS4 man, you really don't need to do anything to it.

yes you do .. you get it in a station wagon ;-p .. with roof racks .. heheh ;-] .. oh the noise it would make when you're cruising the double ton ..

Archived