IGNORED

french telecom employees suicides wtf??

kokoon

lol.

How about the little Thai girl shucking 2,000 shrimp per hour at $1 a day?

How about the little Thai girl sucking what?

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm still stuck on page one with the little Thai girl scenario

another woman took the plunge through the office window today.

that's the third suicide among their staff this week, 23rd this year.

Twenty-three employees of France Telecom have killed themselves since the beginning of 2008.

Guest underscore

You joined nearly 18 months ago, why now?

mostly cause i could never be arsed to log in; until i was unable to view most of the pictures on the nice butts thread. this angered me. and so i logged in.

Guest underscore

lol, fair enough mate, good excuse.

ah but i was quite serious. the butts got me here but the slightly homoerotic conversations keep bringing me back. pedobear.png

Guest abusivegeorge

lol, fair enough mate, good excuse.

ah but i was quite serious. the butts got me here but the slightly homoerotic conversations keep bringing me back. pedobear.png

I came here and still do come here for the watmmers music, but this is also an excellent part of watmm and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the same way.

I'm sorry but '23' doesn't strike a chord in me and i'm sure it's the same for everyone here

=>

Here in france we have 16 suicides / 100 000 persons/ year

France Telecom employ about 100 000 person (in france) and 9 months have passed since the begining of the year.

Consequently the suicide ratio at France Telecom is currenty:

30/100 000 dudes/year.

My father works at France Telecom. He's in charge of the acquisition of new equipments, and defines the structure of the network in the South-West. Every now and then he also works on special missions, like a right-hand man, because he's considered as a fairly effective employee by the FT big heads. He's not like killing himsel(i am).

Now, I can tell you he's been 'responsible' for 1 suicide case (at least that's what i can remember). Back in 1997 he put to much pressure on one of his guy's shoulder. The guy cracked, wrote a letter saying he couldn't handle the pressure anymore, hanged himself (actuallly i can't remember how he killed himslef). My father had to anounced his death to his wife . it wasn't a lol situation.

One saturday, a few years back, i went with him at the 'network control room'. Unfortunately a breakdown occured( which was pretty annoying for me as i'd just bought smash bross and had to wait for several hour before getting back to home). At one point my father phoned a technician who had been working on another breakdown during the previous 48h. This guy was fagged(he hadn't slept) plus he had a little fiesta with friends this night. My dad suddenly switched to violent mode and shouted through the phone to him : "WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE WAY YOU AGONIZE OVER EVERYTHING ASSHOLE. YOU DO IT OR I FIRE YOU".

edit : oh and I think you guys mix up call centers, and phone companies. IT's jut not the same thing at all.

Guest abusivegeorge

same things happened in a town in wales. something like 16 suicide hangings in a year or something like that.

16 < 23

FACT.

16 in one year is like 32 in two years, so really wales pwns

That was a fucking lol and a half.

Guest thanksomuch

there is generally a high suicide rate for telemarketers and most call center reps. i am sure there are higher rates in the states but it's not covered in the media.

Archived