IGNORED

RED CARS

Guest Franklin

Guest Franklin

does anybody own a red car? What do you think about them?

I'm about to buy one because it's a sweet deal and I need a car fast.

Can I become a red-car-guy?? Can you picture Franklin in a red car?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

specifically an A4 or just 'a red car'?

I have owned a red fiat punto mk1 in the past, the roof and bonnet faded to pink.

sold it for £700 some time ago mind...

Guest Franklin

actually THIS car.

I just can't picture myself in a red car... more of like a grey or taupe type of guy myself.

hmmm.. maybes, tho not an audi guy. red is passable in A4 form tho... what is it - petrol or TDI?

what's the deal by the way - as in how sweet we talking?

Guest Franklin

true... i never considered the :squarepusher:

it's petrol.

I wish they had the diesels over here.

this car has the premium and technology packages as well as aluminum alloy rims and the sunroof. 26 000km on an 2006 so some fool babied the fuck out of this car. likely will get it for 30grand taxes in.

Guest abusivegeorge

Lovely car, nowt wrong with red, but I'll tell you now, the age old problem of red cars fading to pink has never been fixed, so this will happen over time.

Guest assegai

A4's are nice. I have an 05 S4, black on black. Red works with Audis and I usually don't like red unless it's a ferrari.

Guest Franklin

How long before they fade do you think... this one's an '06... and I'll likely drive it for 3-4 years. will it be pinkish before 2012?

If I was being less intelligent I would get an '06 A6 (every package available) for only another $6000. But the fuel mileage and repair costs are swaying me to the A4. Fuck me the A6 is absolutely amazing though. and not RED.

Guest abusivegeorge

Dude there is no way to determine how long a car will take to turn pink. I mean, is it being kept outdoors? How much sunlight do you have each year? Will it bethe same amount of sunlight each year? How many times will a shadow cast over it during the day? The places you're going to drive it and leave it parked, will it be sunny in those places too? How sunny?

Guest Adjective

i honestly wouldn't know about natural fading

mine was already pinked up when i got it, i guess it was 10 years old around then

Guest Franklin

I saw one earlier today in red and it didn't look so awful. I've been staring at this car for the last day non-stop though so...

might sound retarded but I spend 10 hours a day in my car.

you're right ism that's why I'm so torn. great mileage, great price, but RED.

will post pics if I take the plunge.

Archived