IGNORED

revit, autodesk

Guest stabilo

so I knew "all plan" and "archicad" from years ago, but it seems like autodesk finally made a strong bet for virtual construction

I am begining to use it for my architecture proyects and it has pros and cons of course, but its always nice to learn new things. I am right now at the office working with it and its quite entertaining

is this really used in the united states? cos people here in spain dont know it but autodesk people say its already being used in the states

maybe this is totally old news for you?

it is being used already in the US AFAIK. We do business with a lot of US acoustic consultants - who in turn work for major architectural design practices, and have been demanding BIM files (building information models) to be dropped into Revit. So they can spec distributed sound systems and demonstrate the speakers positioned in the whole building model provided by the architects.

so yeah - it seems to be the new defacto standard for managing the whole design and build process.

Parametric modeling is the future, we all know that in architecture. CAD standards will probably dissapear in 15-20 years. If you work for a firm that's larger than 20 or so people, your projects will benefit if at least have one people working with that tool.

Archived