IGNORED

Need some help with an album recommendation

Guest southside jim

Guest southside jim

Hey fellas,

Just got the name of the chick i have as a secret santa, and I figured out she loves the mars volta, so I decided I'd get her an album of their on vinyl...problem is, I've never even listened to their stuff, so I have no idea where to start..

Anyone on the board a fan of theirs? Any album recommendations?

Thanks in advance guys

Guest abusivegeorge

i think i'll just get her a prince album and deliver it naked

LOL best idea yet.

Cheers for the add dude, well reciprocated :biggrin: .

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I like mars volta and their bravely self indulgent no compromise view on creating art(pretty idm mindset really) but the only thing I've really loved that they did was the epic beginning of De-Loused in the Comatorium, Son et Lumiere and Inertiatic ESP are fucking fire. They have some other pretty good tracks those two pieces outshine all their other work in my opinion.

Guest Ivan Lennovitz

if she's already into mars volta, why not get something similar/better instead? like some king crimson or something.

Yes, like »El Grupo Nuevo De Omar Rodriguez Lopez« maybe. Haven’t checked them out, so I can’t really recommend, but I guess this is better than an album that she probably already owns

Archived