IGNORED

iLok

awepittance

anybody here have software that requires the use of an iLok dongle? Mine is about 6 years old now and i have a ton of authorizations on it. Im getting concerned because of it's age and ultimately i'd like to get another one as a backup. but i imagine one can't own two iloks with the same authorizations on it without paying for it. So how in the hell do i go about 'backing up' my licenses in case my iLok gets damaged or lost?

Guest welcome to the machine

anybody here have software that requires the use of an iLok dongle? Mine is about 6 years old now and i have a ton of authorizations on it. Im getting concerned because of it's age and ultimately i'd like to get another one as a backup. but i imagine one can't own two iloks with the same authorizations on it without paying for it. So how in the hell do i go about 'backing up' my licenses in case my iLok gets damaged or lost?

yeah, they do allow you to have a backup, but not a carbon copy I seem to recall. Ie you can't get the backup and then have two computers running on the same set of licences. Its something you sign up for and if you loose your iLok you put in a fresh one and it transfers licences to that. I'm not exactly sure how it works, and I think it might cost something...

The details are on the site though I think!

Archived