IGNORED

Pete Tong

Guest frankbank

Guest tompty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radio1

is this stuff completely shite.

i well used to love techno, tech-house, minimal etc etc, so I thought I would give his show a chance tonight.

all these tracks are seriously generic crap. melodies sounding like happy-hardcore, side-chained pads / white noise

the latest trend seems to be cheesy "inspirational" vocals ala 1998 . goddamnit , should I start making tracks like this to make a bit of money?

Tong was a staple of a good dance DJ in the early/mid 90's don't you forget that. MOS The Annual 2 and 3 are very good. I regularly play Rosie Gainers' closer then close often on my cd player. thanks to Peter Tong

No i didn't

But, I guess what it boils down to isnt the quality of pete tong's essential selection or any 'cheesy dance' dj on the radio, but the fact is BBC dosnt have the hype or quality control\ flexibility it did back in 1995 these days.

On the flip side, Pete tong/Jules ect; have a solid fanbase and this fanbase looks up to these DJ's to fill them in with the latest tunes, no matter how bad the tunes are, there will always be a market for them..and as much as the next person wants to hear Pete Tong/Radio DJ's unleash his/There old skool 1992 record box full of hip house and slamming memory's it ain't going to happen.

If you expect to hear anything decent on commercial radio these days your not going to. though saying that..get up a bit earlier and listen to Old Skool hour on kiss.fm where you can hear tod terry and good old skool slammers and not have to worry about the Dj's of old play crappy music. Or just download good electonica/techno/jungle pod casts.

I don't know what I was on about now.. Ok bye.

Archived