IGNORED

Roland MC-500MKII

Guest Thisket

Guest thisket

Well, a few days ago I didn't how what sequencing works. I posted a question and some extra-special people helped me (thank youm) and I decided on a hardware sequencer. This is a lovely specimen from 1986 (older than I!) and retailed at $1,700 something. I found one on eBay and it went up to $200 whereas I had only $150. I then Googled... and found one that was used in some studio in Tennessee for $120.

It's an 8-track MIDI sequencer. That seems to be plenty for me. It does lots of neat things, like operate off of different floppy disks and flash pretty colors. You can even make it do that snarerush thing with the "Microscope" button. I really liked it for its delightful appearance. Now I'm in love with it. I think its name is Marge.

I have a page on my website dedicated to it. It's here.

Sorry if I am acting irrationally. It's just soooo divine.

Divine

Pink_Flamingos_mellomstort.jpg

Guest crystal

I'm glad you like yours. When I owned one a couple of years ago, I found the programming method kind of awkward. It's probably easier if you are talented at music music, say if you're a good musician with experience of playing instruments and composing real music. I think this sequencer is not for beginners.

Don't you need a bios disk to boot the sequencer? If you lose or damage that, you may be fucked.

Good luck.

Guest Mr. Modular
I'm glad you like yours. When I owned one a couple of years ago, I found the programming method kind of awkward. It's probably easier if you are talented at music music, say if you're a good musician with experience of playing instruments and composing real music. I think this sequencer is not for beginners.

Don't you need a bios disk to boot the sequencer? If you lose or damage that, you may be fucked.

Good luck.

Not that hard to make a back-up though

Guest thisket

Yes, it is hard as tits to operate. But that's part of the æsthetic experience. In the dark, it looks like a swarm of winter gnats, glistening. Glistening. Ice crystal PALACE PRIncesssse. That's the feeling I get from working with it. Yes

Guest crystal
Yes, it is hard as tits to operate. But that's part of the æsthetic experience. In the dark, it looks like a swarm of winter gnats, glistening. Glistening. Ice crystal PALACE PRIncesssse. That's the feeling I get from working with it. Yes

Hippy. Everyone look at this hippy. Ok hippy, have a hippy day. Hippy hippy hippy.

Archived