IGNORED

Valley Shoes

Hautlle

really loving this one... puts me in a great place. the portamento/glide on the melancholy drone is kind of weird -- i think it could do without it (maybe i'm hearing things?). i know what you mean about it feeling empty in the second half, and i think that's mostly because it doesn't move to a new space so much as it continues to elaborate on the original one it creates. honestly, i think it's fine as it is. it's not a thoroughly engaging neck breaker, nor should it pose as one!

Thanks for the comments bigs!. Is there a particular place you don't like the glide on that synth? I have an effect on it that gives the weird little distort you hear every so often, like @ 1:14 I think it is (you mentioned you might be hearing things?)

just ran through and that little tremolo like effect doesn't bother me... and overall i think it's really nice! it's at the end of the upward climb where it begins to go down the scale again that the glide just kind of sounds off. i'd try playing with it, though listening again it really doesn't stick out as much!

Really nice track. Great how you got rhythm from those sounds i think. Never tried anything like that myself.

Nothing jumped out at me as out of place, although my headphones aren't the quality of bigs'.

I think a soft, rhythmic hat sequence mixed to the back where it breaks at ~3.20 would be fitting and might add that 'something' you're looking for, but just my opinion.

Guest Masonic Boom

Yes, I like this a lot. It reminds me a bit of that Mum piece that I posted the other day on the electronics-with-vocals thread (albeit without the vocals.) It has the same gentle, sort of handmade quality to it.

For what its worth, the second half didn't seem particularly empty to me.

Archived