- 4 analogue controllers for synth applications

- Audio feedback loop

- control panel printed on weatherproof labelling

- Multi-cartridge changer controlled from panel with tri-colour LED indicator

- SID2SID board with noise reduction mod and on/off switch

- switchable kernel with JiffyDos and my own modified kernel

- 1541 ultimate cartridge controls and LEDs on panel

- reset button

- selectable character set rom – 3 sets available.

- retro moog monosynth style casing

the way he implemented a pseudomodular moog panel is scary awesome.

Guest SecondaryCell

OK - I visited the site that the article is from... and had no idea about the stuff available for the c64.

I'm getting this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r-yMTLVW1U

MSSIAH is short for MIDI SID Software Integrated Applications and Hardware and means that the cartridge contains both software and hardware to midify the C64. Since they are integrated you won't need hard-to-get MIDI peripherals to hook it up to your synthesizer or sequencer.

Just plug in a MIDI cable and off you go!

Price: 49.95 EUR

(MIDI cable is not included)

http://www.8bitventures.com/mssiah/

Thanks to the OP!

holy crap i've never seen that sorta thing. very like the ableton/floops piano roll sequencer.

i wish i hadn't sold my c64. also when i think of the computer lab at my secondary (grade) school, they must have thrown out 32 c64s and 2 networked floppy drives after i left :facepalm:

oblig

so fucking good.

Guest SecondaryCell

yeah i've got a commodore modified for mssiah too... but just a regular c64 modded to have pots and an inbuilt LCD screen.

What's the situation with LCD screens for the C64? If I remember correctly the only video port is a composite RCA out. Any recommendations?

Also, what is the mod for pots?

Guest Glass Plate

I mean even CMA posts his c64 all the time and you guys are just now catching on how useful/great it is? There's a bit of facepalm in that notion.

I mean even CMA posts his c64 all the time and you guys are just now catching on how useful/great it is? There's a bit of facepalm in that notion.

what makes you think we're just now catching on how useful/great it is?

Guest Glass Plate

dunno..

holy crap i've never seen that sorta thing. very like the ableton/floops piano roll sequencer.

i wish i hadn't sold my c64. also when i think of the computer lab at my secondary (grade) school, they must have thrown out 32 c64s and 2 networked floppy drives after i left :facepalm:

dunno..

i've never seen a c64 MOD like this before. i was programming SID stuff via POKEs in between games of impossible mission when you were sucking on your mommy's tit.

Guest Glass Plate

ok Kaini, but there have been sequencers for c64 for ever, and one with a Piano Roll isn't that big of a difference from other tracker interfaces, and I really don't see that as ground breaking, or changing the capabilities of a c64 what so ever, the same goes for most other UI mods. The stuff I find most impressive are some of the recent demos where they've made c64 software that can read mp3 files and play them through SID etc.

Archived