IGNORED

Logic and Reaktor

funkaholic

Im running logic and using some reaktor synths with in it.

Im using the rndstepshifter with a drum loop i made. when i load and press play its fine and in with everything else. however, i want to be able to control with bars like everything else, so it plays when a bar is there and dosent when the bar is gone, how can i do this?

thanks alot

Guest ryanmcallister

if by "bars" you mean the segments of audio that you can drag around in the arranger then there would be two ways to do this. the easy way would be to bounce the output of reaktor to a new audio file and then just bring it back into logic as audio that you can move around how you please.

the more difficult way would be to open up the reaktor patch you are using and disable the master transport, insert a seperate transport and trigger it on/off via either a cc# or a midi note# and then in logic you could automate on/off by doing something like "when I play middle c, turn it on, but when i let go of middle c turn it off". then you could "sequence" the on/off. no offense, but judging by the fact that you had go ask this question i would recommend you stick with the easy way.

never underestimate the flexibility of working with raw audio over midi and vsts. sometimes rendering synths and drum machines and stuff to audio actually inspires more creativity rather than limiting it.

if by "bars" you mean the segments of audio that you can drag around in the arranger then there would be two ways to do this. the easy way would be to bounce the output of reaktor to a new audio file and then just bring it back into logic as audio that you can move around how you please.

the more difficult way would be to open up the reaktor patch you are using and disable the master transport, insert a seperate transport and trigger it on/off via either a cc# or a midi note# and then in logic you could automate on/off by doing something like "when I play middle c, turn it on, but when i let go of middle c turn it off". then you could "sequence" the on/off. no offense, but judging by the fact that you had go ask this question i would recommend you stick with the easy way.

never underestimate the flexibility of working with raw audio over midi and vsts. sometimes rendering synths and drum machines and stuff to audio actually inspires more creativity rather than limiting it.

thank you so much, not to sure why i didn't think of that! i completely agree, i think i'll do it the easy way!

hmmm, interesting, i see what you mean, working with some set solid will push you further, as having logic synths AND reaktor synths is far too much and daunting, so im limiting my self to what i use.

you could also automate muting of the track that reaktor is instantiated on.

but i'd agree that bouncing to audio is the simplest solution.

Archived