IGNORED

Rooney is starting

Guest rowla

Guest Gary C

Defending in the latter stages of the CL is a completely different task to every other game.

Rafael had been pretty crucial going forwards in the first half, but it's clear that he doesn't have the maturity in defence at such a level. I think his last game before that was in the Carling Cup, so it goes to show that Fergie clearly can't trust him in the Premier League either.

Neville would've been raped over and over again by Ribery, and Rafael managed to keep him quiet for 55 mins at least.

When Rooney had to be taken off Man Utd were left with Nani and Gibson as their only attacking players, and before scoring two goals last night Nani hadn't scored in 6 months or something stupid. Rooney's a magnet for the ball because he works hard to make space and is powerful enough to keep it. Nani's too lightweight to be a target-man, and Berbatov (when he was bought on) is often too languid to move into space.

I don't think there's much they could've done to avoid going out after Rafael was sent off. If they had survived being set-back in their own half for 30+ mins we would've been saying they got lucky, not defended well. It took an excellent goal to find a way through though.

sorry should have clarified and meant defend that lead to the half. Going in to the half 3-0 up would have been such a psychological advantage.

Rafael's first yellow..grr. it's like he'd been watching Beckham highlights. I don't know if it's that Fergie can't trust him in the premiership, I think he's giving Neville plenty of match time because I get the feeling that Neville will not be back next season.

Pretty much agree with what you (Gary) were one about with our attacking options after Rooney got taken off. Berbatov doesn't always work hard enough to make those spaces. He does it sometimes, but not all the time.

Fucking gutted - I don't think we're taking the premiership either this season, I don't think Chelski have it in them to lose any of their remaining games. Maybe someone should photoshop Drogba having an affair with Terry's missus.

Archived