IGNORED

Kill Your Idols

Guest Scrambled Ears

Guest Scrambled Ears

I was thinking about getting this.

204696621_0f164e6c49.jpg

Featuring: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Sonic Youth, Theoretical Girls, DNA, LIARS, Teenage Jesus & the Jerks, Gogol Bordello, flux information sciences, Lydia Lunch, Black Dice, Swans, A.R.E. Weapons, foetus and Glenn Branca.

Plot Outline: First-time filmmaker S.A. Crary shares a complex history of New York's art-punk scene. This compelling documentary weaves together a timeline for an aggressive movement allowing the players to reflect in the moment. With interviews from such punk rock icons as Teenage Jesus & the Jerks bassist Jim Sclavunos, bandmate Lydia Lunch, DNA's Arto Lindsay, Glenn Branca, Sonic Youth and others from the late '70s/early '80s art-punk explosion. Exclusive interviews with these originators and a new generation of practitioners -- from the Grammy-nominated Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Black Dice to Liars to Gogol Bordello -- reveals a consistent hunger for invention through subversion, motivations that come into cacophonous focus in the new and archival concert footage bridging the interviews. What also comes out is a depth of retrospection amongst the older generation that puts the younger generation's musings in a context that will surprise even the most plugged-in of scenesters. By documenting art-punk in the same spirit as the movement itself has played out, Crary has created a compelling reference for a movement that defies them and managed to stay true to its spirit in the process.

DVD Features:

· Over 60 mins of exclusive interviews and performances

· Additional live clips and music videos

· Photo galleries

· Weblinks

· Trailers

anyone seen? like? dislike?

Guest Z_B_Z

yeah it was pretty good. worth watching id say. was kinda confused about the yeah yeah yeahs inclusion..

Guest ms-dos

it's good until the second half, which is when everyone starts accusing everyone else of selling out and bastardizing the original scene. there are some insufferable faggots in this film (specifically lydia lunch and gogol bordello), but they don't ruin the good bits with arto lindsay, gira and moore.

i'd recommend it.

Guest Scrambled Ears

it's good until the second half, which is when everyone starts accusing everyone else of selling out and bastardizing the original scene.

i'd recommend it.

seems pretty standard issue with scenes...im gonna get it but i was actually most interested by black dice and branca...(swans too)...are their inclusions worthwhile?

Guest ms-dos

it's good until the second half, which is when everyone starts accusing everyone else of selling out and bastardizing the original scene.

i'd recommend it.

seems pretty standard issue with scenes...im gonna get it but i was actually most interested by black dice and branca...(swans too)...are their inclusions worthwhile?

branca's parts are okay. if i remember right, black dice are barely featured and they're not even interviewed.

also, karen o is one of the most heavily featured artists and she's annoying and totally uninteresting.

Guest ms-dos

oh, and swans\gira aren't featured too heavily in the film itself, but they're all over the DVD bonus features. there's lots of early concert footage, interviews, and music analysis from gira. worth it for this alone.

Archived