IGNORED

Most recent bargain

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

So i went to a sale of "about to end" books, which are basically going to be destroyed if they aren't sold, therefore having ridiculous prices and got myself the complete work of Leonardo Da Vinci, divided in two books: one presenting his sketches and plans and the other his paintings. Each of the volumes cost me 20€, resulting in a total of 40€. This is a portuguese version edited by Taschen which is no longer available on stores, but it's possible to get it online and it costs about 170€, so it was quite a deal.

shop-leonardo-25th.jpg

There were plenty of books for all tastes and ages, classics, technical, kids books, etc. I noticed a collection of small black covered books of novels that went from Italo Calvino, Agatha christie or even Victor Hugo which you could buy for 1,50€ each. It was quite an opportunity. I ended up getting just the Da Vinci books, as i have plenty of novel and classic literature books getting dust in my home and absolutely no time for them. Maybe next time i will get more than just two.

Have you guys had a recent one of a kind bargain or what?

Guest ruiagnelo

I bought In Rainbows and a Depeche Mode CD for €2 each last week. I was chuffed with that.

Was it Violator? I love that record.

depeche-mode-violator2.jpg

Even so, it was a great deal.

Guest ms-dos

the associated press style book for $1.50

catalog LA (art book that retails for $50) for $5

steven pinker's "the stuff of thought" for $3 hardcover (all books were brand new)

5 grams of blue dream for $50

I bought In Rainbows and a Depeche Mode CD for €2 each last week. I was chuffed with that.

Nah it was Playing the Angel. I havent listened to it yet so I dunno what its like.

Guest ms-dos

playing the angel is a pretty decent DM album. it's their synthiest album in years, and it even recalls the older, dancier years on several tracks. unfortunately it was mastered horrendously for CD so there are no dynamics left unsquashed, and it all sounds like it's been run through a very subtle bit crusher plugin.

i bought "zap: the rise and fall of atari" for 75 cents and according to amazon.com it's worth at least $12. if anyone wants it, let me know...

Guest disparaissant

i got the 12" single of the perfect kiss (probably my favorite new order song) original fac pressing for 4 bucks the other week. the sleeve is properly thrashed, but the record itself is pristine. also stanley clarke - school days for 6 bucks. <3 half price books.

i got the 12" single of the perfect kiss (probably my favorite new order song) original fac pressing for 4 bucks the other week. the sleeve is properly thrashed, but the record itself is pristine. also stanley clarke - school days for 6 bucks. <3 half price books.

Your avatar scares the shit out of me.

Guest ruiagnelo

Nah it was Playing the Angel. I havent listened to it yet so I dunno what its like.

I prefer Violator and you should grab a copy, but that one is also good.

I bought Dr. Octagonecologyst for 3 bux

Great record. I always find the visit to the gynecologist track pretty amusing and scary in a way i can't explain.

Guest disparaissant

nothing beats some great reward.

and chassis, i could have gone with worse kate avatars. believe it or not.

Archived