IGNORED

Droid X

Guest HerculesCzar

just fyi for you android noobs - previous android phones have had countermeasures to ensure the recovery partition is not modified. this is no different. just like everything else involving android, it will be cracked, rooted, custom recovery, and there will be roms. don't believe the 0-day assnews of the world. i rooted an evo 4g last weekend and it took 4 hours to circumvent the stupid ass htc recovery in adb shell. GOOD TIMES

edit: more info http://bit.ly/9g37cP

Of courze, but many rooting teams have refused to work on this one out of principle, so it will just take a bit longer for people with no rooting know-how. All I'm saying honey :)

hackers.jpg

HACK THE PLANET

task killers are a waste of time, there's no need for it.

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

Aye, this one .... I love my HTC Desire, it's like I've somehow jumped about 10 years into the future and my brain gets all confused about how much magic is stored in one little box.

Anyone know a free app that can log drinks orders - like if you have a huge round at the bar but have the memory of a retard and there's no paper at hand ....

colornote is pretty easy when you have an extra screen to put notes all over for work, you could use it for tallying anything if you're quick with math

most phones are on android 2.1 and task killers are really only for crashed apps, which usually require you to reboot your phone eventually anyway. in froyo 2.2, they are quite obsolete due to memory being paged so efficiently that you can set the os to force a minimum amount of available memory, usually 40/50MB. i have a droid running 2.2 at 1.1GHz and with flash its really the greatest thing ever.

Archived