IGNORED

I have another problem

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest abusivegeorge

To explain a little, last night my hard drive somewhat went mental, and to cut a long story short, I had to install windows vista on my pc (which was provided on my back up disc), as Windows XP (which it was running before) appears to be non existent on my PC now (yet everything else still remains on my hard drive). Now with Windows Vista newly installed Windows Media player and Media centre will not read any Audio CD's, they will play the first 20 seconds of of the first song on the CD and then it will just skip the rest telling me that the disc is either damaged or dirty and to activate "use error correction" and try again. Well that makes no difference, so I figured I'd download a free player, so I download Winamp, hoping it's a problem isolated to the Windows provided players. Well in Winamp, it just skips right through the CD, straight to the end and won't play a damn thing. Google search is giving me fucking nothing.

PLEASE HELP

Is my CD drive fucked? It's a DVD drive also, and appears to play DVD's fine in Windows Media player.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

dunno, maybe you need to download the right driver for your optical drive? :shrug:

Guest abusivegeorge

dunno, maybe you need to download the right driver for your optical drive? :shrug:

Not sure how I find that out? I've had the driver and utilities disc out, trying to unzip the drivers for vista 32bit, everytime I try and unzip a file, it tells me the disc isn't present, which it is. Plus everything seems to be working fine except reading damn audio cd's, fucking thing

That is pretty damn weird. Tracks on the hard drive play fine?

Yup.

Guest Babar

man you can still download exact audio copy (EAC) and see if it can rip your CDs. Also try grabbing the drivers from another computer and put them on usb stick, or try to find them on the net.

Guest abusivegeorge

man you can still download exact audio copy (EAC) and see if it can rip your CDs.

I FUCKING LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH

Archived