IGNORED

Recommend me some of the scariest movies you've seen

chassis

Yeah I agree. Also, like I said earlier (I think), it is a horror movie after all but the things it does are done somewhat tastefully. The way it deals with the subject, most of it is pretty believable. I have witnessed some strange unexplainable goings-on in real life, and the subtler stuff like the photo appearing in the attic, the knocks and so on, were familiar things for me when I saw the film. These I found creepiest. I wasn't that big a fan of the whole sleepwalk-possession-thing, but my friend got really terrified when he saw it and hid behind a pillow or something, so I guess different things work for different people. That I wasn't all that scared when I first saw the film may be due to the fact that I am a sucker for hand-held camera films, and for some reason they fascinate me and make me feel 'cosy' if that makes any sense. But that doesn't mean I like all of them. It's just as hard to shoot a working film that way. See Zombie Diaries, the idea is allright but it all falls apart due to bad acting and randomly acting filmers, and dull writing. Not to mention the unbelievable zombies with stupid make-up. Heather in BWP had an explanation for filming. The guys mostly couldn't be bothered with the cameras once they were lost, but she kept hiding behind the lens, trying to stay in control cause she fucked up the rest. The dude in PA wants to capture the phenomena, but he doesn't always grab the cam, like when they're in serious danger. Yet Zombie Diaries ... would you film your girlfriend getting eaten alive? :unsure:

You've had experiences similar to those in Paranormal Activity?! I'm intrigued!

I enjoyed the bleakness of Zombie Diaries, but yeah it did have alot of faults. The scariest thing was Goke.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paranormal Activity was cool for one part.

I grew up with hardwood floors. Around 8 years old I had a horrible nightmare of me sleeping on my bed and hearing footsteps walking around the house and getting closer to my room. Well of course the footsteps walked into my room and stopped. I would lay there pretending to sleep and wait for whoever/whatever it was to leave. Finally the footsteps would then continue on walking. That part in Paranormal where they layed down some powder and saw the footprints reminded me of that nightmare and so I liked that part in the movie.

Terpentintollwut

do you remember in The Haunted when the family went away on a camping trip and then you see a shot of the house with curtains fluttering and the neighbors are hearing those screams coming from the house? yea that scared the shit out of me when I first saw this movie. I was 10 years old.

i just watched martyr... and its not that scary at all. although the ending is 'quite good' definatly makes you think

of the afterlife and if its so good then why not just die

lets put it this way

starts like the hostel

then is like the grudge

then a bit more like the hostel 2

then its like the fountain

Archived