IGNORED

New tune [kaverne wk cpy]

encym

awesome, I really respect working off the grid and just trying to make what you think sounds good. I have done it a few rare times and I know how challenging it can be just trying to get things to groove together. After you might have worked forever and made some amazing percussion or what have you. all of sudden now you have to coordinate another element in there and its like uhh how to I make these dance together? Definitely can be incredibly ambitious trying to make things not even repeat how long the measures are etc. which makes me glad I don't make IDMish complex stuff all the time.

I actually ended up really remixing this pretty drastically surprisingly being that I loved the original so much. All I'm using is a few 20 second-ish sections of the ambient stuff and like 5 seconds of the percussion beat heavily cut up and moved around differently as a sort of glitch rhythm melody in the backdrop. So yeah none of the rhythmic grooves that you have were really copied and used in my version its all been cut up and rearranged to completely different new in forefront percussion.

I am just really surprised I was able to start basically all brand new main percussion sounds and really keep it in context with the track considering I have never really made a track that's this glitch hop futuristic braindance as this.

Its finally coming along and making sense after lots of headaches. I'm almost ready to bounce this reaper project mix out (as its got like 38 separate audio tracks, all with VSTs and so many little edits its been crashing almost every hour. I have never put this much stress on a DAW) and add some final touches and show you my radically different but similar styled interpretation! I'm excited

Blanket Fort Collapse --> How's your remix coming along?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

haha I took a break on it the last few days because I really want the melodic elements to be really good and that groovy but weird 5/4 is really really hard to orchestrate melodic elements for. I'm pretty sure the few day break was necessary to get a fresh perspective. I was planning on working on it today.

• 3 weeks later...

http://soundcloud.com/stenotic/encym-kaverne-remix

I wanted to do more work on it but I am juggling so many projects right now and like I said the rhythm's I stumbled upon are too challenging for me to really lay down what I want on. So it will probably remain unfinished like this. I hope you dig. Sorry it took me so long to get this off my hard drive.

http://soundcloud.com/stenotic/encym-kaverne-remix

I wanted to do more work on it but I am juggling so many projects right now and like I said the rhythm's I stumbled upon are too challenging for me to really lay down what I want on. So it will probably remain unfinished like this. I hope you dig. Sorry it took me so long to get this off my hard drive.

I really like it; it's a bit straighter than the original and messes up the groove in a good way after the break at 1:17.

+ the stressy double-time part is really good.

I am happy you like my interpretation on it at all, especially being that I had a very stressful time working on it. I had a lot of fun working on it at first and then all of sudden I felt so over my head.

I wish someone could easily explain why that second half 5/4 double time part is weird to program melodies for but still can make your head bob like its 4/4. The way the snares drop is really weirdly placed 128th note quantization it was so hard to visualize where the groove was but I could feel it when I got into it. I dunno I am done doing being confused by it and I will just try to be happy with the outcome.

I am happy you like my interpretation on it at all, especially being that I had a very stressful time working on it. I had a lot of fun working on it at first and then all of sudden I felt so over my head.

I wish someone could easily explain why that second half 5/4 double time part is weird to program melodies for but still can make your head bob like its 4/4. The way the snares drop is really weirdly placed 128th note quantization it was so hard to visualize where the groove was but I could feel it when I got into it. I dunno I am done doing being confused by it and I will just try to be happy with the outcome.

Yes I do like it!

Feel free to try to remix other tunes of mine!

Archived