IGNORED

Rally to restore sanity

Guest Fishtank

i like colbert and stewart. to be honest their shows aren't always "funny" but that's not the entire point of it, for me at least. i find their satire often hits home, especially colbert. sometimes it hits home so well that it's flat out hilarious, other times it's just entertaining to hear someone intellectually destroying people you vaguely dislike.

stewart isn't always on point, especially lately, but i respect him.

colbert, on the other had, is obviously a comedic genius, not to mention a fucking patriot.

i don't really watch much of their shows these days, but when i tune in it's bound to be entertaining, at least until the interview, which often is good too.

stewart doing the "fuck you fox news" thing was fantastic. it might not have been laugh out loud funny but i'm glad it happened.

i agree with awepittance. and i'm really tired of people saying "it's just a comedy show" whenever someone points out a flaw in the show. obviously in context it is no longer "just a comedy show". it actually used to be, and back then it was relevant and edgy, but now it's essentially a news source for twenty something liberals in the united states to have any biases they might have confirmed. sure, he is lampooning the news media, but it's tiresome. his whole "play video then cut to me making a funny voice" thing is completely worn out. it isn't working as news, and for me, it's not particularly funny.

colbert's show is a frequently humorous one note joke, but he's naturally a funnier guy than stewart so i still watch his show.

Archived